2.2 ecotec turbo kit for auto? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2.2 ecotec turbo kit for auto?
Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:19 PM
So the Hahn kit won't fit the auto tranny due to it's size. Don't mind being a bit extra creative rerouting the pipes, but other then that is there any other problems? What are the power ratings the stock internals on the auto can handle? How difficult is it to take the Redline blower off and bolt it to my 06 2.2L Ion?

Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:06 PM
Clint Propps wrote:So the Hahn kit won't fit the auto tranny due to it's size. Don't mind being a bit extra creative rerouting the pipes, but other then that is there any other problems? What are the power ratings the stock internals on the auto can handle? How difficult is it to take the Redline blower off and bolt it to my 06 2.2L Ion?

Yes, you can and I did it on my old car. The thing is why pay all that money when the main portion doesn't fit. The charge piping is a huge part of it.

Don't know on the power ratings...really isn't a set #

Difficulty depends on the person doing it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:58 PM
what size turbo would you recommend for running 10psi? am sure i would need to get the computer changed or reprogram so can hp tuners help there or would i need to go to the dealer? again my goal is to get near 250whp. other then the turbo and was thinking 100hp of nitrous what else do i need? was going to get a set of cams and even thought about getting the gm performance head.
Friday, January 11, 2008 6:09 PM
Clint Propps wrote:what size turbo would you recommend for running 10psi? am sure i would need to get the computer changed or reprogram so can hp tuners help there or would i need to go to the dealer? again my goal is to get near 250whp. other then the turbo and was thinking 100hp of nitrous what else do i need? was going to get a set of cams and even thought about getting the gm performance head.

Before I go any further, read this FAQ in a whole and it will answer most of your questions...

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:28 PM
If we made our own charge pipe would it work though?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search