cobalt 2.0l supercharge swap in 2.2l sunfire - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cobalt 2.0l supercharge swap in 2.2l sunfire
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:17 PM
does 2.0l ecotec of 06 cobalt ss fit in 2003 pontiac sunfire 2.2l ecotec???
I would like to know if it is same support driving and if there is somebody
who already made. I would like to know also if the 2.0l makes directly in
the sunfire or if there is modification to be made. For the wiring and computer
they will be with the engine.

Re: cobalt 2.0l supercharge swap in 2.2l sunfire
Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:15 AM
It has never been done and will be a wiring nightmare. The J-body eco ecu will not support anything other than the 2.2 eco.

But you can swap everything over from the 2.0(LSJ) eco and have a supercharged 2.2 with the same power output and alot less headaches.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Monday, January 11, 2010 5:33 PM
How easy would this be to do? Sorry, not trying to hi jack the thread but I also have a 03 sunfire, 5spd, want to put a m62 on it.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:06 PM
read up in the boost forum faqs on j-body.org

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:38 AM
Kevin King wrote:How easy would this be to do? Sorry, not trying to hi jack the thread but I also have a 03 sunfire, 5spd, want to put a m62 on it.

The biggest PITA is getting all the little parts(if you had a complete Cobalt SS/SC it would be easier). It took me a few months to locate every single part i needed. I did a write-up on GMSCF, but am currently banned from that site due to a Nazi admin.

219whp - I <3 whine

Friday, January 15, 2010 5:36 PM
^ur banned? no @!#$?

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:32 PM
Yep. Ranger locked the V3 or V4 poll thread so i posted a pic of Hitler and called him a Nazi in a bunch of random threads. I just hope other people saw his true colors before he deleted all the evidence.

219whp - I <3 whine

Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:24 AM

that's some funny @!#$, but sucks too. well, ur better off just stickin with the .org, kinda......sorta......

Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:45 PM
Well Misnblu lifted the ban for me, so im back. I think others are starting to see him as i do, a @!#$ty admin that doesnt care what the forum users think about the forum. He just does what he wants and what he *thinks* is best for the forum without any input from the users. Oh well, i'll just refuse to "donate"(a.k.a. premy) any money to GMSCF.

I think i'll make EF the *official* home of my wild S/C build(i'll keep it the most up to date), but i keep on posting my plans on here and see how long it takes for people to notice. I dont think the .org will appreciate it as well as EF or even GMSCF.

219whp - I <3 whine

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:46 AM
u might be right, but alot of people have been paying attention, i'm excited as hell to see what kinda numbers you can hit with the blower, keep ur .org post updated cuz i rarely check EF.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:19 PM
Well i have my goals and im going to try like hell to accomplish them. Even if that means that i have to one up PJ with a hybrid eco. It is just going to take a while because im not made of money.

219whp - I <3 whine

Monday, January 18, 2010 4:21 AM
yeah i hear ya

Sunday, October 07, 2018 7:43 AM
not to hijack this thread but .... i have a complete 2007 saturn ion redline and want to swap into 2004 sunfire to make a sleeper car for my wife . Is it possible or should i be looking for a liike 07 4dr 5speed cobalt to swap all over ? not alot of info out there but willing to read if you have info
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search