Boost & 125k motor - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boost & 125k motor
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:32 PM
I have a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire with a 2.2 ecotec and auto trans... I want some opinions on what to do... I have the money to buy a gmpp supercharger kit if I can find one, or build a custom turbo kit to fit in my car... But my issue is I have a 7 year old motor with 125k on it...

Is it a good idea to put boost on a motor with that many miles or, should I go with option B... Option B is to buy a cheap motor and build a N/A motor until I can rebuild the other motor for boost... If I go with option B I will obviously be buying high compression pistons and cams and the about 7 of the 9 yards...

So I am open to suggestions, and this car is my daily driver so I don't want to blow the motor that's what brought up the concern...

Re: Boost & 125k motor
Monday, March 30, 2009 5:50 PM
yeah you can forget the motor in your car unless you tear it apart and rebuild it
Re: Boost & 125k motor
Friday, April 01, 2011 3:53 PM
yes i agree 125 k is just too much just askin for something to go wrong. and with a auto matic ur gonna need new seals and a shift plus b and m depending on how much boost ur pushing cuz i can tell ya now if ur pushing 14lbs ur trans aint gonna take it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search