turbocharging an ecotec? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbocharging an ecotec?
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:29 AM
i have an 05 cavalier 2.2 ecotec that i want to turbocharge, i was wondering what people think of the turbo kits on ebay, yea i know they are cheap (400-800) with intercooler and all, but what i wanna know are can you use a "universal" turbo on the ecotec, i know there will have to be some fabrication, bending, welding cutting and all that on a "universal kit but what i want to know is would the setup be effeicent/effective once installed. also what does t3/t4 mean? and what does .63 a/r mean, sorry if im asking old questions just cant find the exact answer i want to mine, any and all input is appreciated thanks guys.

Re: turbocharging an ecotec?
Friday, December 21, 2018 12:29 PM
Ebay kits bundle inferior parts with good ones so what looks like a bargain, often isn't. Lots of people have done successful builds with the turbos themselves so I give a green flag on those but the attachements and acccessories I would buy individually. It takes more time but it gives you more insurance that things will work together like you expect them to. I'm licking my lips at the prospect of 18lbs. on a 2.5L ATS. Does anyone know the gas throughput (lbs./minute) on that motor?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search