Turbocharge or Supercharge my 2.2 Ecotec?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbocharge or Supercharge my 2.2 Ecotec??
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:05 AM
I'm just looking around for now, trying to find out what would be the best thing to do, to get more efficiency out of my 2.2.

Question1:Which one's the most reliable between turbo/supercharger?

Question2:Which one's the cheapest setup to install on my car? (talking about streetable hardware)

Question3:Is it worth it?

Gettin over 1000HP from a 2.2L 4 cyl....That's fuel for the Soul

Re: Turbocharge or Supercharge my 2.2 Ecotec??
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:29 AM
The GM performance supercharger kit will run you between 3500 - 4000 installed, depends on who you have do it (cheaper if you do it yourself, but you still need a dealer to do the computer flash). I have an 03 cav 5 speed with that kit, and not too many other motor mods yet, and yes, it is more than worth it already.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:23 AM
Thanks for your message, the supercharger kit comes from GM right? I was on the website the other day but I lost the adress...anyways i seen it, that and a bunch of stuff to upgrade ecos...anybody have that website's adress ??

Gettin over 1000HP from a 2.2L 4 cyl....That's fuel for the Soul
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:14 AM
Turbo. All the way. May be more expensive due to the custom work, but dammit the extra boost is worth it. Turbo always on a 4 cylinder. They dont make enough power to supercharge themselves.

God made turbo lag so V8's can catch up!
Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:38 AM
The GM part number for the kit is 1780003, that includes the supercharger, intake, injectors, belt, tensioner, wiring, ecu flash...........etc. the kit comes with about 20-30 pieces if not more, but you catch my drift. It comes with everything you'll need.
The kit "supposidly" puts you at 250 horsepower (motor horsepower that is).
Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:45 AM
ecojunk wrote:Turbo. All the way. May be more expensive due to the custom work, but dammit the extra boost is worth it. Turbo always on a 4 cylinder. They dont make enough power to supercharge themselves.

Depends what you're aiming for power wise but it does just fine. When you ride in an 2.2 S/C'd vehicle, you'll change your mind with that comment.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:54 PM
i'm runnin gm supercharger and very happy with it. You can get the gm supercharger from paceperformance.com for like $2459. I got my local dealer to match and install for $540. Total with reflash and install was under $3100.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search