Exhaust Size for Turbo Ecotec - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust Size for Turbo Ecotec
Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:12 PM
I have a 2002 Cavalier LS Sport with the 2.2L Ecotec. I bought the Hahn Racecraft Stage 2 turbo kit for it and I can't wait to get it installed. My question is, does anyone know the diameter of the downpipe that comes with the Hahn kit and also what is the best diameter of exhaust that I should use to accompany this turbo kit. The largest catback system I have found was 2.5" from Vibrant. I was planning on having a custom exhaust built for my car and that was going to be 3". However, i heard that 3" exhaust is a waste and will not give me any improvement from the 2.5". Does anyone have any opinions on which diameter I should use and also, should I have a custom exhaust done or just go with the Vibrant? Thanks

Re: Exhaust Size for Turbo Ecotec
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:35 PM
What are your goals for the car power wise?

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, March 20, 2006 5:07 PM
My overall goal for the engine is 400 hp but right now I am just getting started.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:48 AM
Ok let me rephrase that... What are your REALISTIC power goals?

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:11 AM
^ ^ That was just great... sorry. ~_~

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:44 PM
cavyfan02 wrote:I have a 2002 Cavalier LS Sport with the 2.2L Ecotec. I bought the Hahn Racecraft Stage 2 turbo kit for it and I can't wait to get it installed. My question is, does anyone know the diameter of the downpipe that comes with the Hahn kit and also what is the best diameter of exhaust that I should use to accompany this turbo kit. The largest catback system I have found was 2.5" from Vibrant. I was planning on having a custom exhaust built for my car and that was going to be 3". However, i heard that 3" exhaust is a waste and will not give me any improvement from the 2.5". Does anyone have any opinions on which diameter I should use and also, should I have a custom exhaust done or just go with the Vibrant? Thanks

2 1/2" is just fine. It's when you start entering higher power #s that 3" can be more useful.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search