SAAB Turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SAAB Turbo
Tuesday, July 06, 2004 3:05 PM
I just purchased a SAAB exhaust manifold with the smaller T20 turbo on it. I have never put a turbo on an engine before. I have a buddy who owns an exhaust shop so all of the piping is not prob. I would like some help on the other things that i need to make this setup make some power, I'm not looking for 300hp but well over 200hp. Already in place an my engine are upper and lower mounts, RSM throttlebody, under-drive crank pulley, short ram intake, RKsport header ( a testament to poor engineering skills), a 2.5" exhaust system with a hi-flow converter. I am planing to rebuild the engine, I have Eagle rods, and will be buying forged and was planing to keep the static compression stock due to the small turbo. I am going to do a full port and polish on the head, add a set of cams, new springs and retainers. I know i will need a boost controller, blow off valve, bigger injectors and some kind of fuel pressure regulator that adjusts with the increase in boost. Will i need to run a different ECM? Or will a reprogrammed OBDII ECM work? Any info you guys could supply to me would be a great help in my quest for boost.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Re: SAAB Turbo
Thursday, July 08, 2004 4:37 AM
I would step down on the static compression ratio a bit. The stock 2.0L Ecotec at Saab makes 210 horses. The shorter stroke certainly aids in it's power ability at higher RPM's, but I'm sure it's not running ten to one. With larger injectors, you could have someone remap the ECU, but without chassis dyno time, they'll just be stabbing in the dark. I'd get a piggy back system and have the adjustments at my fingertips.
<br>

04 Cavy LS Sport 5 Speed (34U) Rally Yellow - RK Sport Front & Rear Strut Tower
connectors, Front Subframe Connector. RK Sport "SS" Hood (functional CAI). XM Commander.
Thursday, July 08, 2004 11:26 AM
What kind of piggy back system would you recommend? I have read up a little on these systems but i am still computer stupid when it comes to cars. Would i be able to still run all my other computer controlled items, i.e. speedo, tranny (it's an auto) ect. Any info you could steer my way would be a big help. Thanks Todd.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004 8:06 AM
I've never had an engine management system on any of my cars, but for those that run one, alot of them use the Apex'I Super AFC 2. Might want to review some articles on the net regarding that one.
Friday, January 27, 2006 4:11 PM
ITS POSSIBLE TO RUN 13'S WITH THIS SETUP.......IT HAS BEEN DONE

IGNORE THE CAPS

Yea i spell liek wrong get over it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search