GM supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM supercharger
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:22 PM
Is the GM s/c kit out yet for the eco? I've read on old posts that it should be out this year. But I don't know where to keep myself posted with that information. If someone could get me a web address that keeps up to date with when it should be released, that would be great. Thanks for all your help

Why to Civic children think they can beat a motorcycle?!?!

Re: GM supercharger
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:23 PM
By the way, I am talking about the ecotec s/c from GM.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:39 PM
When is it coming out and how much??
Really want to buy cams but don't want to buy cams and have it uncompatible with a S/C!
If the S/C is coming out soon, I'd like to build my engine around it
Thanks

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:39 PM
Q4 2005 - Q1 2006 would be my guess

Sunday, September 18, 2005 6:52 PM
Alex, where do you get that informantion from? That way I can go to the same source for the info instead of posting looking for more updates. Thanks.

Jason

Why to Civic children think they can beat a motorcycle?!?!
Sunday, September 18, 2005 6:59 PM
I just assumed it would be coming out then, from all the stuff i've read on the .org, that seems to be the average range that I came up with. I obviously don't know the exact date so thats why I posted "Q4 2005 - Q1 2006."

To be honest my GUESS should it come out this year, would have to be somewhere between Sept. 25th - Dec. 5th. Don't ask me why I chose those dates, they just seemed to sound good. I'm just as clueless as the next person so don't quote me on that by all means.

Friday, September 30, 2005 4:06 PM
I would like to know also...
Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:40 AM
I'm not sure when it is coming out.
The part number for the 2.2 ecotec GM supercharger kit :
Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:45 AM
I forgot a 0.. 17800003
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:14 AM
xian g ,it is a good number and it is avaible.2 weeks for the shipping from my local gm
dealer here in quebec canada.it cost 4577.32 canadian dollars.
i dont know what is include or not but it can be order.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:58 AM
eatsir4lunch wrote:xian g ,it is a good number and it is avaible.2 weeks for the shipping from my local gm
dealer here in quebec canada.it cost 4577.32 canadian dollars.
i dont know what is include or not but it can be order.

So it is actually available to buy now? If so then my winter project is back on track.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:46 AM
GMPartsDirect.com has it listed at 2845.92 USD. It is the complete supercharger kit that's in the GM sport compact build book. Except an intercooler, it comes with everything to install a SC. Supposedly it also comes with something to give the Gm dealership to have your PCM reflashed for the SC.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:01 PM
Hmm....Interesting.....but we probably aren't able to order it from the dealership yet are we? Or do we even have to order it from the dealership in the first place?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:10 AM
I plan on ordering mine from GMPartsDirect, when it comes time to get it. It's cheaper than going through the dealer, even with my employee discount.

Dealer here said they can get it but it would be a special order.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:37 AM
Anybody know where there are some pics of this supercharger? Or is it supposed to look like the ones on the 2.0 liter Ecotec? As you can tell, I'm still kinda new on all this.

1980-2004
The roads of Heaven await you, Brian, may you rest in peace.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:43 AM
Xian G - So I am definetly able to get it now? I can order it from GMPartsDirect and I won't have to be on like a waiting list or anything?

iceman632 - The supercharger looks just like the one on the 2.0L Ecotec. Try looking up Airtonics on the .org for some pics.

Friday, October 07, 2005 8:15 AM
I contacted GM directly and asked if it was available. They said they were showing it as not available yet, but no date of availability.

So, I asked them to investagate when it will be available, and contact me back. Hopefully it won't take to long since I work at a Saturn dealership.
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:13 AM
Haven't forgotten, still no word yet from GM.

I contacted them again and asked again, so maybe I'll get an answer soon. I asked why they would put p/n out years before the part is even available.
Friday, October 21, 2005 12:57 PM
Ok I had emailed them as well as calling. I have gotten an email back, and this is what is stated....

"We appreciate your e-mail regarding the 2.2L Supercharger Kit (p/n
17800003). This Kit is expected sometime this year. Unfortunately, we do
not have information about a release date. Please keep in contact with
your local GM Performance Parts Dealer for an update regarding the
availability of this supercharger."

So if they are accurate, then it should be out within 2 months since the end of the year is coming.
Friday, October 21, 2005 2:48 PM
Key sentence right here:

"So IF they are accurate, then it should be out within 2 months since the end of the year is coming."

Monday, October 24, 2005 11:08 AM
just picked mine up yesterday, cost me just over $1000 and i got an engine wit it. MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!

Monday, October 24, 2005 1:20 PM
Quote:

just picked mine up yesterday, cost me just over $1000 and i got an engine wit it. MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!

Any more engines for sale where that one came from?
Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:10 AM
Got some information about the kit. G< says It is supposedly going to be available 45-60 days from 11-11-05.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:44 PM
saa-weet! I can't wait, anybody know what GM will charge for the install or what kind of warranty it'll come with? I believe I read that GM will re-flash the ECU to accept the s/c, my take on that is they'll only do that if you let them install it.

"We ride together. We die together. Bad boys for life."
Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:40 AM
u may install it yourself and go to the dealer and just pay for the reflash nothing wrong with that. i got the whole s/c assembly sitting in my garage just waiting for them to release the kit so i can get that reflash
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search