turbo help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo help
Friday, December 22, 2006 10:47 AM
i am tryin to put my turbo kit on my cobalt and i cant figure out how to hook up the oil feed line and the vacuum lines to the external wastegate and blow off valve. anyone know where to get the oil from or where how to hook up these vac lines? any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: turbo help
Friday, December 22, 2006 8:21 PM
What kind of external wastegate are you using?

The blow off valve usually gets a vacuum signal from the manifold (you can use one of the manifold nipples). I'm not 100% on the location of the wastegates signal.

Read this about the oil feed. The person who wrote this post is an GM Technician who works with these engines all the time:

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15101&postcount=14

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:35 PM
im using a tial 38mm external wastegate. it came with instructions but i didnt quite understand them plus i heard it is different for every car to hook up vacuum lines. thanks for the help
Saturday, December 23, 2006 1:00 AM
No problem.

I really want to say that you can "T" the vacuum line going to your manifold but let me find out for sure...

Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:16 PM
i used one of the three holes below your intake manifold on the block, it's an aluminum cap screw, i think it's a 6mm alen key,
use the vacume fitting on the side of the wastegate, not the top,

what turbo r u using?
Im running a dsm evo 3 16g and its awsome, at 15psi it breaks free at over a 100kmh!
Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:24 PM
Matt Mullin wrote:i used one of the three holes below your intake manifold on the block, it's an aluminum cap screw, i think it's a 6mm alen key,
use the vacume fitting on the side of the wastegate, not the top

what turbo r u using?
Im running a dsm evo 3 16g and its awsome, at 15psi it breaks free at over a 100kmh!

lol

Funny you should mention that cause my friend who installed the kit for me made that mistake. What a suprise when we got the Zeitronix unit up and running to monitoring the boost lol. Don't worry, the car wasn't pushed hard before then but when we were testing it, it climbed QUICK but they quickly let off.

Sunday, December 24, 2006 3:31 PM
Its an innovative turbo. its called a street heat 57, its like a t3/t4 (t04e57) its a lil big for the ideal hp range that it says from what im looking to have but it says its good for 2.0 to 2.4 liter engines which mine is rite in the middle so i figured it would work well to have a good spool time n plus get the power i am looking for
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search