gude turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gude turbo
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 6:36 PM
i have an 04 ion l61, i have a gude turbo kit, without any fuel managment, will it be able to go on without fuel managment? im not looking for high #s just around 200. and if i do need fuel managment/tuning what kind do u recommend for the ions, we don't have any!

Re: gude turbo
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 5:00 PM
You have to understand what forced induction is all about....

A turbocharger is creating pressurized air to enter your combustion chamber. Highly pressurized air is denser. Denser air has more air molecules. The more air (O2) being seen, the more fuel you need to supply. Having an insufficient amount of fuel in your engine will result in:

1. Leaning of the engine
2. Possible Detonation
3. Engine failure

and other things of that nature. Actually, those 3 things are basically a 1 to 2 to 3 step process of what can happen. There is a balance of fuel and air you need to keep.

Please read this FAQ I wrote, it will only benefit you: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024

Overall, don't install it if you don't have proper fuel management.

Good luck.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:09 AM
hptuners can help you tune, and bigger injectors are a good idea... no boost is safe without fuel mods on a n.a car, plain and simple

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:40 PM
Acer wrote:hptuners can help you tune, and bigger injectors are a good idea... no boost is safe without fuel mods on a n.a car, plain and simple

HP Tuners isn't available for his model/engine/computer as of yet.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 4:27 PM
NJHK wrote:
Acer wrote:hptuners can help you tune, and bigger injectors are a good idea... no boost is safe without fuel mods on a n.a car, plain and simple

HP Tuners isn't available for his model/engine/computer as of yet.

that sucks! then you would need a stand alone of some sort or a fmu

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 4:27 AM
megasquirt

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search