help with 03 cavalier project(possily supercharged) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with 03 cavalier project(possily supercharged)
Saturday, April 14, 2007 12:33 PM
i have posted some thoughts before, but i am going to start the project soon. just a few questions, i have a stock 03 2.2 ecotec in my 03 cavalier. will a supercharger off a 2.0 s cobalt fit along with the intake. and would i be able to tune the car with hp-tuner, which i just learned about. what else would i need if this is an option.

Re: help with 03 cavalier project(possily supercharged)
Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:57 PM
Yes, you can use the supercharger. You would need the manifold as well (the manifold that connects the head and the supercharger).

Yes, you can tune the car with HP Tuners AS LONG as you don't get the GM Supercharger Reflash.

You would basically need all the supercharger related parts.

If you want, you can just buy the GM Supercharger Kit.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, April 14, 2007 4:45 PM
i have found a used supercharger and intake for $700.00 i know i will need injector. but i a just weighing the options of used versus new and the price. may turbo as well. can i achieve 225 whp or more with stock long block and supercharger, more or less can i get enough boost. i used to never entertain the thought of supercharger until i found one so cheap.
Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:22 PM
jason neeley wrote:i have found a used supercharger and intake for $700.00 i know i will need injector. but i a just weighing the options of used versus new and the price. may turbo as well. can i achieve 225 whp or more with stock long block and supercharger, more or less can i get enough boost. i used to never entertain the thought of supercharger until i found one so cheap.

Yes, you can reach that power goal.

I would talk to someone who actually has it on their 2.2 to find out what exactly you'll need.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:19 AM
well anyone out there have this set up or know what i need.
Monday, April 16, 2007 5:46 AM
jason neeley wrote:well anyone out there have this set up or know what i need.

Go on www.ecotecforum.com

There are quite a few people who have that setup (including one of the moderators)

Friday, April 20, 2007 2:47 PM
NJHK wrote:Yes, you can use the supercharger. You would need the manifold as well (the manifold that connects the head and the supercharger).

Yes, you can tune the car with HP Tuners AS LONG as you don't get the GM Supercharger Reflash.

I cant re-tune my Cavi if I get the GM Supercharger reflash??? Why not? How can you adjust boost levels if you can't tune after the GM flash?

-15.733 @ 86.893mph - Slowly Progressing 04 N/A 2.2L Cavalier
Friday, April 20, 2007 5:55 PM
N/A ECO FAN wrote:
NJHK wrote:Yes, you can use the supercharger. You would need the manifold as well (the manifold that connects the head and the supercharger).

I cant re-tune my Cavi if I get the GM Supercharger reflash??? Why not? How can you adjust boost levels if you can't tune after the GM flash?

GM basically locked the computer and the HP Tuners device is set for the stock computer settings/codings. It wouldn't be able to read the computers parameters and it wouldn't be able to change it.

You could possibly use a piggyback unit if you wanted to.

Also remember, with the reflash kit, you convert from a MAP & IAT combo to a single TMAP (Temperature/Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor which is a 2.5 Bar MAP sensor (which can read about 20 PSI of boost pressure). The only way for this TMAP sensor to even work as far as communicating with your computer and your computer referencing back to it is if you have the reflash. If you don't get the reflash, the sensor is basically useless and you'll be running off an Alpha-N computer system and not a boost referenced computer system.

Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:27 PM
My Cavalier is an automatic. Its already been tuned by HP tuners, which includes shift line pressure adjustments (tranny). Will I loose that or can GM leave the transmission setup alone? If I buy the kit from outside of GM, from a wholesaler, it comes with the ecu settings. Cant I just enter all those parameters with HP Tuners and still be fully adjustable?

-15.733 @ 86.893mph - Slowly Progressing 04 N/A 2.2L Cavalier
Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:51 PM
N/A ECO FAN wrote:My Cavalier is an automatic. Its already been tuned by HP tuners, which includes shift line pressure adjustments (tranny). Will I loose that or can GM leave the transmission setup alone? If I buy the kit from outside of GM, from a wholesaler, it comes with the ecu settings. Cant I just enter all those parameters with HP Tuners and still be fully adjustable?

You will lose it.

Your computer will be changed completely to their system. It's not like they change certain parts of your computer and leave the others alone...it's a full computer reflash.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search