2.2 supercharger problems - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 supercharger problems
Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:46 AM
Ok so i have a 2002 cavi with the l61. I installed the supercharger kit a couple months ago and i have been getting an intermittent stalling of the motor between 2000 and 3000 rpms. Now my car thinks its an 04 because the kit is only made for 03 and up cavis.... I have the correct fuel rail for it. Has anyone came across this problem?

Re: 2.2 supercharger problems
Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:47 PM
Your car doesn't think it's anything other than what it is...

The reason it was made for the 03+ is like you said, cause of the fuel rail difference because the fuel injectors that they supply with the kit wouldn't fit properly with the 02 fuel rail. Other than that, it is exactly the same.

Did you get the reflash from GM?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:11 PM
same question did you reflash it?
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:22 PM
Yeah i did reflash it and The car does think its an 04 because the only way i can access data with the tech 2 is by selecting the year as 04.....................could heat be a problem with it? i have no after cooler and gm isn't the best with t stats.........
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:29 PM
I don't see how the year would be a issue anyways...

Did you check your spark plugs?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, April 30, 2007 1:11 PM
that and you are running high test right, sounds like your car is sensing a knock or some problem that you are not, if one of the sensors is messed up or going, that may be your problem
Monday, April 30, 2007 8:15 PM
I changed and i checked my plugs they are fine. Knock sensor eh? Do you think that the L61 in 02 and the L61 in 04 programing for the knock sensor? What should i look for in VDR data?
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:21 PM
you should or might need to put it on a dyno to see if the fuel is cutting out or what. some thing is not working right, this is the first i have ever heard of this on one that was reflashed. does anything come up if you scan the car? also check to see if one of the sensors was changed from your year to the year you say it will only come up on the dealer scanner. maybe something is different and they are just not seeing it, good luck
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:29 PM
AHHHHHHH i might have to call TAC!!!!! haha
Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:33 AM
a restiction in your exaust could also cause spark retard if the tech 2
cannot reg ur car u may need pcm/ecm and if ur not gitting a p0126 or
somthing like that its not likely u would need a t-stat
Monday, May 21, 2007 9:54 PM
OK i do recall after i installed the supercharger and re-flashed the ecm the cat smelt like @!#$........plugged cat maybe....... DANG!!!!!! this is frustrating.....

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:06 PM
the easiest way to check if its the cat is to disonnect the exhaust right before the cat and see if u can get it to rev over 3000 rpms...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search