Can u put a turbo on an automatic 2004 LS 4dr? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can u put a turbo on an automatic 2004 LS 4dr?
Monday, May 07, 2007 8:06 AM
I never thought of wanting to make my car a lil stronger. I know I need mods for this and that. Just wasnt sure if u can turbo an automatic or if its best to have manual trans for turbo. Would an automatic shift Kit help? Thanks

Re: Can u put a turbo on an automatic 2004 LS 4dr?
Monday, May 07, 2007 4:05 PM
Yes, you can turbo basically any car or even anything with a motor.

The only major difference between your automatic and the Getrag manual is space...there is much less room but it's not impossible (I did it on my Sunfire...it was an Auto).

You can turbocharge it fine and reliably IF you know what you're doing and understand what you're doing. Read up on the topic.

Also, there are no kits available for the Automatics for that reason...only for the manuals.

A shift kit would help with shifting performance by increasing line pressure but it has nothing to do with the turbo setup directly.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 5:10 AM
i have heard that hahn turbos are the best but they cost like 3200 buck for a complete kit. i think they have the kit your looking for
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:29 PM
BRIAN HADDOCK wrote:i have heard that hahn turbos are the best but they cost like 3200 buck for a complete kit. i think they have the kit your looking for

Hahn doesn't specially make the turbochargers or anything but their kits are decently made.

They use Mitsubishi turbochargers from a Super 16G to a 20G.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:10 AM
Adam u talked about clearance issues is it with the intake plumbing or the turbo.
I've got the same car basically 04 cav auto . I'm building my motor at my shop and getting to the point
were i need to know if I'm boosting or nitrous u know comp ratios, cams, head work.
also any advise with a fuel management unit. and the elect controlled trans don't freak out with
the different power band (shift adaptives)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search