Stock 05 Cavalier - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock 05 Cavalier
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:23 PM
I have a 05 Calvie. Did the usual as most do have 2.5" from the cat back and a high flow exhaust and put on a Wep R intake to reduce the drag from the factory one. I'm looking to add boost to it right directly and a little from now till this summer when I build my other motor I pulled out of a totaled car of my buddies cavalier. How much boost do you think the stock pistons and rods can hold? I was guessing about 10 Psi. One of my buddy’s runs a little boosted Honda’s and he said with the factory 10-1 ratio that might be a little much. this car is my daily driver and i don’t wanna blow it sky high by giving her more then she can handle I’m only ever boosted my old Acura and it had the B18A in it and i ran 10 to it before i ever touched the rods or pistons but I’m not sure on the Gm's how its gonna hold up.

Re: Stock 05 Cavalier
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:12 PM
The 2.4 can handle around 8-9psi i think its about the same for the 2.2
Re: Stock 05 Cavalier
Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:32 PM
Glenn Janosko wrote:The 2.4 can handle around 8-9psi i think its about the same for the 2.2

Once again

A engine's internal strength is NOT rated by how much pressure it can handle (realistically), it's rated by how much stress it can handle.

Original Poster, please read this and it will answer most of your questions:

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search