What is better - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is better
Monday, February 25, 2008 6:00 AM
what is better turbo or a supercharger for a 2006 chevy cobalt LS 2.2L 4cyl

Re: What is better
Monday, February 25, 2008 9:04 AM
depends on what you are looking to do to your car, also a turbocharger is usually more maintanence
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:12 AM
Well I want to maxamize my horse power out put and power put to the concreat. I want to my Cobalt to be a formitable opponite for drift or drag.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:13 PM
Ive got a 2.2 ecotec cavalier and i plan on supercharging it. tubo will give you more power in the higher rpm range while a supercharger provides power throughout all of it. turbos also require a lot more maintainence.
Monday, September 15, 2008 12:17 PM
Well for one i wouldn't suggest drifting a cobalt. And for two Glendon is right its all about what u prefer. I personaly would go with a turbo because once u have the basic kit u can only build up from their with upgrades while with a super charger has a little more limitations.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:55 AM
Get off the NFS ha ha ha turbo is more adjustable to what you want but more learnn and tinkering

Its Pronounced {TEAR I AL}
YEAH THE ORANGE BITCH CAR HIT FASTER THEN YOUR HONDA!!!!!!
hit a 15.43 on intake and cat back in wendover
Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:17 AM
A turbo will yield higher horsepower numbers than any supercharger available for the ecotecs.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:54 PM
A supercharger on any 4cyl is a waste of money IMHO. You get minimal boost and can't upgrade to anything crazy like you could with a turbo setup. A turbo is easier to control and your dynamic horsepower will be a lot better with a turbo. Once you drive a turbo car and get away from the SC you will realize why you want a turbo anyday over the SC
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search