installing my turbo? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installing my turbo?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:48 AM
i just purchased a stage 1 turbo kit for my 04 ion, and i think im forget to upgrade something else with it. it's a low boost direct bolt on, but there has to be another department im forgeting to overlook. any ideas?

Re: installing my turbo?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:39 AM
Got a link to the kit?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:33 AM
why do you think you forgot something? is there a problem, with the car?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:38 PM
Yeah a link would help and most kits down provide tuning. Did you address that?
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:34 AM
i haven't installed the kit yet its hard to find an installer in this neighborhood. just wanna make sure that when i do find someone they don't have to wait for me to order more parts. man i need to study more about this stuff.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:55 PM
dude where did you get the kit? And if it's a "KIT" it shouldn't be hard to install. And research should be done before the buying happens.
Sunday, March 02, 2008 2:56 AM
the kit has everything i need except the downpipe, but thats not hard to get, i was more worried about the fuel pump, fuel rail stock 5sp and ignition but i think they'll all support another 70 ponies. i already have a hks cat back system on the car but i dunno if im gonna get rid of the cat. does anyone know if the struts on the redline are different from the ion 2 model or if there the same brand. prob should just say the hell with it and get coilovers any who.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search