Swap engine from Saab to Saturn Vue - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Swap engine from Saab to Saturn Vue
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:29 AM
Hello every one, I’m new. My question will be if some one has ever swap a Saab 9-3 engine in to any other type of car. I have a 2003 Saturn Vue 2.2 manual transmission. Some of the modifications done are, 3 inches exhaust pipe, transmission from a Saturn Ion for lower rpm at high way speeds, drop kit 1.5 inches, red line bumpers, and 18 inches rims.

Some personal backgrounds are, I’m master ASE mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, and Pilot. I do most of the electric work at my present job and I’m not afraid of rewiring the engine bay. I now that both engine have the ECM install next the intake and the only electric problem will be the communication link between the ECM and BCM. Both computers must have the same security code or the car will not star. This is part of the anti theft system that comes with new cars.

You can reprogram the BCM to accept the new codes of the new ECM. This reprogram can be done using a Genesys tool scanner with GM reprogram capability. This is all theory base of my knowledge. If some one has ever attempted to swap engine and has better info, I’ll gladly appreciated.

I know some people will tell me to just boost me original engine, but when it comes to reliability, in my opinion an engine that was boost from factory is a better choice.

Thanks to all for your imput.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search