First time turbo install help! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First time turbo install help!
Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:12 PM
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum but I found it and someone suggested it. I have been on j-body.org for years and learned so much from them, but now that I got an Ecotec engine this seems to be a great forum to me. Name is Justin. I got an 03 Cavalier ecotec 2.2l 2 door. My screename is jsblindside over at jbody if you wanna see pics and stuff. Anyways, I finally decided to get some boost. I was told about the Hahn's kit Stage 1 for my car and want to get that one. He gave me a great deal on the kit and said it comes with everything that I need to install the kit. Anyways, I have been talking with someone and he told me that I would need to beef up my engine from the stock internals to new camshifts, fuel lines, etc. Do I really need to get all new engine parts to run the boost? How safe will I be on the stock engine internals if I run the turbo at the lowest setting. Where can I get the turbo and my car tuned with HP tuners near Ephrata, PA and how much would that cost? Basically how much am I looking past the 2000 dollar mark for the kit, plus to get it running right. And the most important can I run the stage 1 on the stock internals. Thanks guys!

BTW I read someone's post on how to install a custom turbo, and is it much cheaper going this way that the Hahn's kit? I would go custom if someone would help me out one on one with it. I know the most important parts to buy I think but I am not sure where and how much of each one I need. I'd like to get an intercooler with the kit, and Hahn said that one doesn't come with the stage 1. Please help me out guys! I know you have the experience and ability! But PLEASE PLEASE do not make it more difficult for me to understand. I am still very much a novice when it comes to engine internals, but when it comes to exterior and stuff I am an Amatuer. PLEASE HELP!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Re: First time turbo install help!
Friday, October 16, 2009 2:52 AM
Don't bother with this site. Unfortunately, not many people cruise around here anymore. You can check out http://ecotecforum.com/

I personally dont think you are ready for a turbo kit. There is a giant learning process that you need to know before you just dive in. And you don't know all of it or come even close. I'm not trying to bash you.
Re: First time turbo install help!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:39 PM
hey i can help you... i also have all the pieces you need $1200... message me at onemoreday224@aol.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search