Wiring Q's with swap - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wiring Q's with swap
Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:43 PM
Looking to put an Ecotec into my baja. What is needed to do to the stock ECU & wiring to get it to work?

I really dont want to go and spend several $$$ on a custom ECU for this swap. I figure there have been people that have swapped these into different vehicles and have overcome these opsticles without the expensive ECU solution.

Why I ask is that I have a 2.3T Ford now and I just removed all the wires that didn't pertain to the engine management. I have been told there is a security system with the computer that would not allow it to be ran without the key. The Hondas have this also but they have a work around. I have been told it will run in limp mode also.

Re: Wiring Q's with swap
Monday, October 09, 2006 5:23 PM
Lance what kind of money are you looking to spend? I do wiring harnesses for many of the sand rail builders and may be able to help you out. Some questions... What year is your motor? Electronic or mechanical throttle body? Let me know.
Sunday, October 15, 2006 12:46 PM
I'm looking at options for for computer and harness for my sandrail. I just picked up an ecotec from a 2004 ion it was missing the intake but picked up one with a cable throttle. what computer do you use? i'm looking for something that I can make changes to if turbo my motor down the road.
Monday, October 16, 2006 2:17 PM
I use a mefi 4b controller. I have a stock cal as well as turbo cal. The turbo is very specific. So if you need this we may need to change some things on the harness. Let me know what you need thanks.
Monday, October 16, 2006 4:30 PM
I would be looking for the stock cal
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:59 PM
David give me a call 574-267 5554 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm EST
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search