ECU Reflash? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECU Reflash?
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:52 PM
While I was reading some topics on another saturn forum, I came across someone saying that you can take your car to a gm dealership and have your ecu reflashed. In particular, the ion 2 reflashed to the ion 3. I am just curious because I have and ion 2 and if it is possible, I might be interested in trying to do this. I also read that it could be a bad idea. Any input?

Re: ECU Reflash?
Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:22 PM
Sorry not sure about that...

Check on www.sixthsphere.com

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, February 19, 2007 1:23 PM
i think you have something confuse all the ion programs are the same unless you are talking about the red line. it does not matter if it is a 1,2,or 3 that was just the option level you chose. if you mean the red line reflash, it will work depending on year of ion, the red line and regular quad coupe and 4 door sdn. used the same sensors and computer components, up to mid June 2006 after that it was all different for the supercharged vs any other module. so if 03 to build date of June 06 yes the dealer can reflash and it will work fine, also after that you can use any red line upgrade than after the main reprogram. and a dealer will only charge around 60.00 tops and less than an hour time, so good luck
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:33 PM
alright cool. I have an 04 quad coupe, so as long as I get it reflashed to any of the 2006 or before redline models, I should be fine right? I'm still not positive I want to do this, but it's definitly something I'm thinking about. Thanks for all your help.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:26 PM
yes any of the June of 06 or before, but remember this will be stock settings, so you nee the supercharger, injectors and any other items to make it run the supercharger, than it will run fine, but it needs the injectors or will fall on it's face when floored for a quick second, good luck
Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:55 AM
one more question about this topic... Is there any disadvantages to doing this or any reasons I should not do it? On another forum that I read, they said that it would be very bad to do this because our cars (the regular quad coupes and sedans) are not cut out for this. Any input?
Saturday, February 24, 2007 1:10 PM
will not matter
Monday, March 05, 2007 3:03 AM
brad eisenhauer wrote:yes any of the June of 06 or before, but remember this will be stock settings, so you nee the supercharger, injectors and any other items to make it run the supercharger, than it will run fine, but it needs the injectors or will fall on it's face when floored for a quick second, good luck

it will need more than injectors it will need a new map sensor. it will fall on its facer even with the new injectors and no map sensor that can read boost

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:46 PM
I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt 2.2Ls. Could GM reflash my ecu? If not can I take it to a tuning shop? If any body knows hit me up.
Monday, March 26, 2007 9:28 PM
Donte Battle wrote:I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt 2.2Ls. Could GM reflash my ecu? If not can I take it to a tuning shop? If any body knows hit me up.

No, the dealership can't reflash your computer to some type of "performance" reflash. They can only flash it to your stock settings incase something was to happen to your PCM.

A tuning shop wouldn't be able to reflash your PCM. No company has released a PCM programmer for your vehicle yet. HP Tuners is going to support the 07 computers which will be later in the year.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, July 02, 2012 9:47 PM
Joe Murphy wrote:While I was reading some topics on another saturn forum, I came across someone saying that you can take your car to a gm dealership and have your ecu(engine control unit) reflashed. In particular, the ion 2 reflashed to the ion 3. I am just curious because I have and ion 2 and if it is possible, I might be interested in trying to do this. I also read that it could be a bad idea. Any input?

I'm not sure but based on from what I read online, a reflash on a low boost ski helps improve fuel economy. The stock ski runs pretty rich from the factory. Not sure though since I haven't done it yet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search