HP Tuners - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HP Tuners
Saturday, April 21, 2007 1:37 PM
Hey guys, I have a 2.2 ECOTEC L61 with no mods other then a custom SRI. Would HP Tuners be a good next step or should I do some more mods before I buy the software. Would HP Tuners help me out much on a virtually stock vehicle?? I already have a laptop so I thought it might be worth the buy... Also what does it mean when it says it comes with 8 credits but you may buy more after?? And is the standard interface good enough or is it better to buy the professional??

Thanks

Re: HP Tuners
Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:37 PM
It's a good idea to buy it early on to learn how to use it and you'll also learn how a computer really works. It's a good way to learn and being that you're stock, there is probably less of a chance you really messing up your engine if you change a certain parameter because your engine is running any type of high/critical situations like forced induction.

As far as credits and what type you should get...I don't know. Never used it just have a somewhat understanding of what it is and does.

Try asking on ecotecforum.com where there are people who have used it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, October 01, 2007 8:55 PM
HPTuners requires 'credits' to be purchased because HPTuners has to pay for the liscencing in order to access GMs ecu's. Each vehicle has a different credit value, based on how much the liscencing is costing HPTuners from GM. Most vehicles are 2 credits, or $100 ($50/ single credit). As for professional vs standard, the only difference is pro enables you to adjust the computers while the vehicle is turned on, like used in dyno tuning. Standard is perfect for 'street' tuning, or on your personal vehicle. Also I have heard of experienced tuners using this program getting a bone stock L61 ECO to hit a 15.1 second quarter mile running on premium gasoline. The L61 ecu is also set up extremely simple apposed to other vehicles. Any other questions, shoot me a msg or reply.

-15.733 @ 86.893mph - Slowly Progressing 04 N/A 2.2L Cavalier
Friday, November 16, 2007 8:42 PM
NJHK wrote:It's a good idea to buy it early on to learn how to use it and you'll also learn how a computer really works. It's a good way to learn and being that you're stock, there is probably less of a chance you really messing up your engine if you change a certain parameter because your engine is running any type of high/critical situations like forced induction.

i recently started coming to this site after being a member of JBO for a few months. i wish more people over there had that attitude.

and to the OP. the proffesional also has inputs for 0-5v signals, meaning an o2 sensor and other things. i recommend reading the HPT site before buying. you should be well informed about a product with any purchase this big.

HPT Home Page
read the forums. after reading alot of info i've decided its worth the extra $450 for the PRO and a wideband

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:02 AM
drinkingoctane wrote:
NJHK wrote:It's a good idea to buy it early on to learn how to use it and you'll also learn how a computer really works. It's a good way to learn and being that you're stock, there is probably less of a chance you really messing up your engine if you change a certain parameter because your engine is running any type of high/critical situations like forced induction.

i recently started coming to this site after being a member of JBO for a few months. i wish more people over there had that attitude.

and to the OP. the proffesional also has inputs for 0-5v signals, meaning an o2 sensor and other things. i recommend reading the HPT site before buying. you should be well informed about a product with any purchase this big.

HPT Home Page
read the forums. after reading alot of info i've decided its worth the extra $450 for the PRO and a wideband

I used to be a regular member of the JBO...well...you can probably understand why I'm not anymore.

Thanks for the compliment.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:31 AM
Can They Really Laptop Tune 2.2.I Have A Cobalt 06 and i subscribe in the cobaltss forums they really arent any help i ask them if u can tune 2.2 theydont answer me or anything.
Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:44 PM
Amen to that, JBO has a couple people that only piss on ideas and statements.
They can easily just click off the post, but they feel it necessary to bash or act like an a-hole.
I think it is the tiny-penis syndrome...

As for HP Tuners, for maximum performance and fine tuning your car, it is optimum.
I have not heard of one negative thing said about HP Tuners.

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/2 inch down-pipe, a 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header, E-bay strut brace, ground wire kit and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search