Horrible Gas Mileage - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Horrible Gas Mileage
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:50 PM
After I installed a cold air intake ony my 2.2 Eco, it seems like my gas mileage got worse. Any ideas on how to improve it?

Re: Horrible Gas Mileage
Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:56 PM
If you're getting on it more to hear the sound of it, that may be why. Driving habit usually does this.

Also, is your IAT sensor inside the tube or hanging out of it. If it's not inside the tube, it's picking up the engine bay temperature which is more than likely hotter than inside the tube incoming air. Higher temperatures = computer sending out signal to spray more fuel.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, September 23, 2007 3:57 PM
I can attest to that. I forgot to put the air temp sensor in my 01 cavy, and the milage got worse, but I got theright grommet and put it in the tube, plus removed the upper plenum, and it's back to 30 mpg!

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:00 AM
what kind of intake did you get?

We designed to dominate thats mans natural instinct,
And put it on the line like reputations and pink slips.
-MADROX
Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:33 PM
and make sure the vacuum line to your FPR is plugged in, if its not it will act as if under WOT and increase rail pressure. check for line cracks or a connection not sealing while your there.

i'm willing to bet it a problem with your foot. its to heavy. i have the same problem, it tends to disappear after you fill up a few times.

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search