IAT Sensor? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IAT Sensor?
Friday, October 26, 2007 10:56 AM
Ok, I just bought a small module off ebay that plugs into the IAT sensor to fool the computer and add hp and torque, where exactly is this sensor? I was told it had 2 small wires coming out of it, but I can't find it.

Re: IAT Sensor?
Friday, October 26, 2007 4:28 PM
Charles Amara wrote:Ok, I just bought a small module off ebay that plugs into the IAT sensor to fool the computer and add hp and torque, where exactly is this sensor? I was told it had 2 small wires coming out of it, but I can't find it.

you just wasted whatever money you payed. Those ebay module deals dont do a thing to add HP, should searched first.

Anywhoo if you insist on using it the IAT plug is where the 2 wires come out of the plug in the air intake tube.

------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, October 26, 2007 5:15 PM
cavmania wrote:
Charles Amara wrote:Ok, I just bought a small module off ebay that plugs into the IAT sensor to fool the computer and add hp and torque, where exactly is this sensor? I was told it had 2 small wires coming out of it, but I can't find it.

you just wasted whatever money you payed. Those ebay module deals dont do a thing to add HP, should searched first.

Anywhoo if you insist on using it the IAT plug is where the 2 wires come out of the plug in the air intake tube.

Agreed.

There is much more science involved that hooking up some modules thinking you're going to make power.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, November 25, 2007 3:09 PM
just so yall know that "chip" as it is called on ebay does actually work but it makes an automatic shift hard and at the wrong times so if your car is an auto your not gonna want it unless you like your trans messing up i know i have one and it worked fine for like ten min then bam loud noises started comin from the tran and it started shifting when it didn't need too so don't doubt those things till you have one but also don't waste your money on it either unless you have a standard because i don't think it effects anything but the airflow on a standard
Sunday, November 25, 2007 6:00 PM
learn about the products before you buy them, otherwise you are just tossing junk on your car, for example like you just did
Monday, November 26, 2007 1:08 AM
oh and those chips are gas milage chips not meant for just power when you put it too the floor with hat chip you go from 27mpg to about 12mpg (i have a heavy foot) yes alex didn't research but i didn't say they don't work i fixed mine and i get about 35 mpg now and when my foots in it about 24mpg so those things do work if you get the right kind and know how too hook it up but still learn about them and don't believe everything you hear i just got lucky that doesn't mean you will
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:55 PM
well just so you know the intake air temperature sensor measures the temp of the air coming in the engine, it does this usually by a little wire on the sensor that is in your intake, the computer sends 5 volts to the sensor, and the air blowing across the wire cools it down, which to the computer is a voltage signal and depending on the reading the computer does a calculation of the IAT,ECT,02,MAP sensors to detemine how much fuel to spray in the engine. The only way I have heard of messing with the IAT sensor is wiring in a resistor to basically try to trick the computer to dump more fuel, I dont know what kind of chip you got but if its from ebay its probably junk. awhile ago i got a jet chip from jegs and i wired it all up and turned it on and it would make my car die or when it would run it would shift hard, I found out an hour later the people at jegs didnt listen when i told them i had a ecotec and sold me something for a 2.2L SOHC, if you get stuff for your car though you should do it right and get real products made by a trusted company that have done research to prove it will increase horspower and torque and then go and get feedback of the product on how people liked it and any bad things about it.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:01 PM
hey forgot to add that dumping more fuel in you engine for no reason is not the way to go and wont increase horsepower or torque, when your at WOT anyways your computer dumps fuel into your engine for performance, any more than that is just a waste and if too rich could cause some fuel to get burned in your cat making it cherry red
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:21 PM
thats weird because in my car i gained hp and mpg and the only thing it did was make mine suck more air
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search