STIFF STRUTS! - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
STIFF STRUTS!
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 8:12 PM
Hey does anyone know of some stiff struts? I have found my searchs coming up with kyb? i dont think thats as stiff as i want it.suggestions ideas?

Re: STIFF STRUTS!
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:03 PM
Check out gravanatunong.com. They have about 8 different coil overs. do you just want basic stiffer struts or want maximum rebound/compression adjustability? For around $750 you can get the tokico D-Spec shocks and eibach springs for a great handling. My friends uses them on his 10-sec Sunfire and he can do any type of racing with them. For high end up to $2000 you can get tein, kw suspension and a variety of others!
Friday, January 26, 2007 11:54 PM
Andrew Anderson wrote:Hey does anyone know of some stiff struts? I have found my searchs coming up with kyb? i dont think thats as stiff as i want it.suggestions ideas?

KYB AGXs are adjustable and support about a 1.4" drop. The KYB GR-2s, those are stock replacements. The AGXs are worth getting if you are staying in that range of lowering your vehicle.

Also, check out the Koni Yellows. They can handle a much lower drop.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, January 27, 2007 1:43 AM
im looking for stiffer struts im not planing on road coursing my car more 1/4mile
Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:40 PM
Andrew Anderson wrote:im looking for stiffer struts im not planing on road coursing my car more 1/4mile

Even with 1/4 mile racing, when you launch, your car tends to squat in the rear. You want to prevent as much squat as possible...same rules apply.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 8:58 PM
Does KYB make an adjustable shock for the cavi? i think thats what i like so i good crank it up for the track and keep it low for the street....... Would i benefit if i lowered my car at all for 1/4 mile?
Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:01 AM
Andrew Anderson wrote:Does KYB make an adjustable shock for the cavi? i think thats what i like so i good crank it up for the track and keep it low for the street....... Would i benefit if i lowered my car at all for 1/4 mile?

Yes, they are called "AGXs".

Yes, you would benefit, you would reduce squating and it would also help with losing wheel hop.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search