lower a 2k3 sunfire , 4 inches maybe?? - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lower a 2k3 sunfire , 4 inches maybe??
Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:17 PM
like i said in the title , i want to lower my 03 sunfire about 4 inches
i want to buy adjustable coilovers 0-4 inches , i called around and they are saying that it's going to be a rough ride and that i need a chamber kit and shims (sheems) on the back and an' aligment , so my question is yes or no and what are some good springs/coilovers , and how much roughly am i going to spend , ( budget is around 250$)

i'm a beginner in this , so please be nice

Re: lower a 2k3 sunfire , 4 inches maybe??
Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:52 PM
4 inches and your tire will be rubbing on your wheel well...

Your stock shocks/struts will get blown in no time.

You won't find any aftermarket "performance" struts/shocks combo to support it.

You'll have a terrible ride quality.

I can go on and on.

I'm not trying to be insulting but just making you realize this is not a good idea and it won't benefit you other than it looking cool (I guess) when your car is sitting still.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, April 06, 2007 9:14 PM
what would you recommed then to the be at 2.5 inches or just go more normal like 1.8 inches ?
Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:01 AM
Marian Belea wrote:what would you recommed then to the be at 2.5 inches or just go more normal like 1.8 inches ?

Well what are you trying accomplish? Are you doing this for looks? Handling?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:32 AM
mostly for looks , i just want the car low , to get some attention but i still want the ride to be as smooth as possibie , more exacty i just want people to know that the car is lowered
Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:23 PM
it is out of your price but i have done air ride on my girls 00 cavy and rides great and when she shows you can just set it down, it even came with the plates to adjust camber and all, so we marked different spots for each inch. it works great, i would suggest you save and go this way and it is a straight drop in with the bagged struts and whole kit, do not have company name right now but telling you worth waiting for, she had tein's and they do lower up to around your 4 inch but ride lick @!#$ and cost 300 less than just doing the air ride. and he is right if you take it past the 2 inch give or take a 1/4 your struts with blow fat, hers did in less than 10,000. so just make a choice wait or waist, or you just go with the typical. good luck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search