Lowering Spring Problems - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering Spring Problems
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 9:07 PM
Ok I got my ride lowered 1.8 front and 2.3 rear. As I find out the douche bag that installed them put em on upside down, The car rides like @!#$ and it bounces a lot what is wrong please help ASAP, What is wrong are the springs crap? or do i need new struts.

Re: Lowering Spring Problems
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:14 PM
What's wrong is not the springs, it's your struts. From reading your other thread, you don't have the proper shock absorbers. It's bouncing around because there is nothing absorbing the force of your vehicle moving downwards. What you're doing is decreasing the distance that your strut can absorb, so it's bottoming out and just bouncing up and down constantly.

Either take the springs off or get proper struts/shocks.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:28 AM
which struts are the best Koni or wil the Tenzo's support the lower i have
Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:18 PM
I don't know anything about Tenzos but I know that the Koni Yellows are capable.

I highly suggest looking into them.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:08 PM
I would be all for the koni accept that they blow to install. Unless there is a way to get koni that arent inserts.

Or if it is only the rear struts that blow out easily
Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:51 PM
Ok sorry I got the wrong brand name with the tenzo's I meant Tokico DSP1 D-Spec. Please help ASAP I cant even drive my car
Friday, February 22, 2008 8:44 PM
go with tokico theyre a much better made strut in my opinion and theyre worth the money.....one upgrade u def. want to put the money into if youre looking for cornering
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:47 PM
tokico Regular or the D-SPEC ?

2004 ecotec 5 speed. Injen intake,better plugs and wires. Just lowered it and added a wing.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:41 PM
D-specs

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:04 PM
i just installed a set of tokico hp blues and very happy with the ride. a ittle bit firmer over stock shocks and struts but not bouncy at all. from what i have read the only difference from d specs and blues is that the d specs have the adjustable dampening

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search