would this work? - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: would this work?
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:03 PM
Really bad idea, no offence. When it comes to suspension, its not cheap. You cheap out on this product and get really poor results. Such as a spring breaking and putting your tire through your fender and crashing and burning etc........

I'm not trying to be a dick, I learned all this through a friend that bought a similar product for $18.00 and he almost died. Coilovers aren't cheap. A good suspension isn't cheap either, so don't cheap out please. Save up and get a good one.
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:10 PM
i bought those...and sold them back for $80. Defininentley stay away from cheap ebay items.....
Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:03 PM
damn, can anyone direct me to the right site or product? i want something rather inexpensive something like 100-250$?

thanks
Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:38 PM
you wont find em that cheap, i think its 300 to 400 for eibach springs. go to rksport.com they are a great business and have eibach springs for a decent price
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:38 PM
I bought PROGRESS springs for my 03 Ion, should be the same set-up, check them out on E-bay, I bought them from neverenoughauto. Great group of people and sometimes have really good deals.
Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:17 PM
springs alone will not do much for that sunfire. you will bounce worse than a littles kids ball pit. The stock sunfire strut is not able to support lowering springs AT ALL. Cheapest suspension for the sunfire is the KYBagx/eibach prokit kit springs. setup can be had for around 500. thats the cheapest safe suspension availible.

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:37 PM
ive personally used these on one of my old cars quite some time ago......theyre good for the looks but the ride is rough as heck!!! and i mean rough.....u will feel every single crack in the road as if it were a pothole......so they work for what theyre made foor but u sacrifice ride quality an insane amount......in my opinion not worth it at all. a decent set of coilovers are going to run u atleast 800 dollars....plus they are much more adjustable to conform to your style of drive....like some one said before....u do not want to get cheap suspension parts it will just give u problems.
Monday, April 03, 2017 10:06 PM
I agree. it would be a rough ride as heck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search