Searching for the sweet spot. - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Searching for the sweet spot.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:37 AM
2003 Cavalier LS Ecotec 2.2 NA

After keeping my car stock for sometime now i really can't make a decision about what suspension system i want. I am looking for something low budget and effective. Is it worth getting lowering springs? I want a lower center of gravity for the tight turns but not so much bounce. Similar to the feel of a luxury car? Low speed control and a resistance against torque steer would be amazing. Something light maybe; Im really going for a genuine sports car not a autozone special. The way the cars stock stance is nice but lower would be better. Any ideas guys?

Thanks.

Re: Searching for the sweet spot.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:24 PM
Your best bet and something ive been the happiest with is Eibach. They are the suspension masters. If you have the Eibach spring pro kit you will be very happy. The springs lower your front end 2.3 inches for the aggressive look and 1.8 inches in the back so everything levels out. Also an excellent complement to the system is the Eibach sway bar kit. I gaurentee 100% no body roll and best of all with this system there will be no bounce. Trust me on this one dude. I have it on my 2003 popontiacunfire ecotec and I cocouldn'te happier. Make sure you do the Eibach front end camber adjustment kit because your wheels will be situated differently when you lower it. Make you you get an alignment when you finish with all this. Also you will need to change your shocks and struts. I would rerecommendhe KYB AGX's. I have those too and they can be adjusted for either agaggressiveriving on for everyday driving. keep in mind when you switch to aggressive driving mode you will experience alot of bouncing if your doing everyday driving on this system. All together this will cost you roughly $750 but with the adjustments made at a local shop for alignment you can expect to pay an extra $65 to $70. Its well worth it if you want a lower more aggressive looking ride. In addition to the above mod's I also have 17 inch voxx racing wheels and goodyear eagle f1 racing tires. I have never felt handling like this before and i can take a corner at high speeds now. good luck with your car and hit me up if you need more advise.

-MJ(and no not michael jordan or michael jackson)

Re: Searching for the sweet spot.
Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:34 AM
Sorry i missinformed you. Its not Eibach prokit its going to be the eibach sportline kit. It lowers it 1.7 inches in the front and 2.3 inches in the rear. Either way your going to love a set up like this. Like I said before, if you need help or advise im here to help. my project is moving along well and i hope yours works out as well. Laterz

-MJ

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search