03 sunfire suspension help - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 sunfire suspension help
Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:18 PM
hey, can anyone tell me what i should get for my suspension and whatever else i need inorder for me to feel like im going to tip my car over while im taking a turn at 20 mph

thanks.

Re: 03 sunfire suspension help
Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:09 PM
It's your decision. We can't really tell you what to get. I can say you will need lowering springs and good shocks for what you want. Lots of ppl get eibach springs and koni yellow shocks. Others get coilovers. It's really up to you. Also look into front and rear swaybars.

And by all means, if you lower you car, get an alignment. It could save you $ on tires.
Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:16 PM
haha thanks, could you possibly tell me what could be a good combo, for such shocks and lowering springs? just one specific company that would do the trick

thanks
Monday, October 22, 2007 5:07 PM
Look into Eibach springs, Koni Suspension, Tokico Suspension...etc etc

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:57 AM
Check out www.neverenoughauto.com, they have lots of suspension parts. Remember suspension is the same from 95-05. Check out their addco sway bars!! Great Upgrade!
Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:36 AM
The reason you keep running into this problem is because your sway bar bushings are probably worn out and need to be replaced either that or you can upgrade to larger sway bars in order to eliminate body roll all together.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:04 PM
where can i get larger sway bars?
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:46 PM
I amd going to say that all the GM j-bodies have the same suspension grades, either FE-1, FE-2, or FE-3

you probably have an FE-1 set-up. You can check this in the trunk under the carpet. Now at least for the Ion's, the front sway bar from the R/L version will fit the standard Ion, now assuming everything is the same, you could probably get the same one from either a R/L or a cobalt SS, those one being thicker in diameter. I'm not sure how this corrosponds to the Sunfire, but it still is a J-body.
Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:13 PM
go get the eibach sway bars. nice upgrade. you can get them for 300 shipped. front and rear.
also tokico makes good bolt on adjustable struts for our cars. springs is a question of how low?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search