5 speed auto - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 speed auto
Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:58 PM
does any one know the code or any mods for the 5 speed automatic that is in the Saturn ion's i do not think this was available to the cobalts or cavy, mine is great but anything to get more power to the ground or any improvement would be great bates engineering is talking with gm race team for me but wanted to see if anyone here has any thing. i have the axles and separate trans cooler, but was wondering if i could change fluid to like trick shift or anything to promote faster shifts, it calls for T-IV trany fluid is anything else compatible? or am i stuck? i can build engines all day but this has me lost! thanks for any help!!

Re: 5 speed auto
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 3:53 AM
They aren't 5 speeds, they are 4 speeds as well. They have a 4T45E transmission.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, July 06, 2007 1:03 PM
no Saturn has a five speed auto, it is on window sticker and both cars are five speed auto, i even asked the dealer they were for the 03 04 and left over 05. it is a five speed we know that even gm said they know the tranny but do not know what it can take, i will find the trans code but it is a five speed auto. maybe that will help you'se to help me ( trans code) thanks
Friday, July 06, 2007 11:57 PM
Holy @!#$...you're right.

I've never heard of it.

Quote:

A Getrag F23 5-speed manual or an Aisin AF33 5-speed automatic transmission were available.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:57 PM
so now can you help with this, gm said push one till it goes to find the limit then work from there but i was hoping to not have to keep buying tranys, i will put trans cooler on and wanted to know if i can use better fluid, for faster shifts, we worked the computer for the compound induction one that is done, and changed shift points but it will not allow adjustment of line pressure, and gm says it is basically still a hydromatic trans and can be custom valved but not looking to spend all that or know were to start, HELP thank again guys!!
Monday, August 06, 2007 12:41 PM
Maybe try Royal Purple tranny fluid, I have heard nothing but good things from that, even increases in horsepower due to less friction of the gears. And I would think less friction would mean slighty faster shifts in the low ranges.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search