i need answers!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i need answers!!
Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:35 AM
I got the b&M shift plus and i have it all hooked up. I love the feel of it. Its definitely the best upgrade i've gotten for 50 bucks ahha. I did have a question about this item though. I have a no trac light, which i know is normal, read it on jbody forum. After driving the car i notice that the rpm's will jump when i leave off the gas(not breaking).. they quickly make there way down to 1000 and then jump inbetween 1000 to 1300 to 1000 to 1300 and then they stop after like 5 times, is that normal? Also, when i leave off the gas but do not break, i hear a small squeel, like a burning belt. The only thing itouched was the pcm when i changed the wires around, i was thinking the squeel would be the torque converter, what do you think? Oh, and i have the b&m if setting 1.

I took it for another spin, this time i had it set on option 2. I still have the squeel and the reving problem, but now i also get the check engine light. Is this normal as well ?

Also, whenever i had the B&M hooked up i had a rocky start? like the car started and the rpms would drop n it would die out. I didnt have this all the time, sometimes it would stay on but they still died. What did i do wrong?

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: i need answers!!
Sunday, August 12, 2007 8:10 AM
A change in throttle position will cause the torque converter to unlock. The unlocking/locking will cause the RPMs to fluctuate a few 100 RPMs.

Joel

2007 Cobalt LS 4dr, 2.2L, Auto, bone stock deluxe poor man's package.
Monday, August 13, 2007 4:45 PM
so that is normal ?

- Current Mods -

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:43 AM
Yes it's normal to see the RPM jump after a throttle position change. That B&M thing might make it more noticeable now.

Joel

2007 Cobalt LS 4dr, 2.2L, Auto, bone stock deluxe poor man's package.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:32 AM
Alright thanks man i wasn't sure i didnt notice it before i put it on and i was thinking i did something electrically and was causing it.

- Current Mods -

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search