AT upgrades - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AT upgrades
Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:42 PM
I have a 2.2L ecotec from a totalled 2006 Ion that I'm rebuildling. Both the "project" engine and my car have auto trannys and I'm not looking for quick ET's or anything. Am looking for a good cruiser that can get down and dirty when needed (respectfully). I was told that getting a torgue converter from another GM car like an Aveo and put it in my car it give it better acceleration due to the fact that it's would have a higher stall then what my 06 Ion has...this true? Thanks.

Re: AT upgrades
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:43 PM
Clint, This is a really good question as I am in the need of the same answers. I have an 05 Ion with an AT tranny. Is there any upgrade available for this application? I know anyone can have their tranny built to spec and yada yada yada. I mean just a simple upgrade as Clint stated...Something like adding the torgue converter from another GM in order to give it better acceleration. I echo your question Clint, is this true?

It's not how fast you go...But how you go fast.
Re: AT upgrades
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:14 PM
Clint,

Here is what I have found in my research so far. I am not sure if this upgrade is anything worth the hype. So, if anyone is familiar with this kit, please let us know both good and bad. Thanks....

I copied this info from neverenoughauto.com

The B&M ShiftPlus Electronic Shift Improver upgrades the performance of your electronic automatic transmission in minutes. ShiftPlus electronically improves the characteristics of your transmission and lets you change settings as you drive. Additionally, it won't affect factory warranty and is 50-State Emissions Legal! A simple flip of the switch allows the transmission to operate in the original factory mode, level 1 - firmer than factory, or level 2 - much firmer than factory. Flip it back and you're back to stock. This is a great upgrade for this automatic transmission. Shift faster with the Shift Plus!

Application:
00-05 Chevrolet Cavalier (Getrag Transmission)
00-05 Pontiac Sunfire (Getrag Transmission)
05-Up Chevrolet Cobalt (Getrag Transmission)
03-Up Saturn Ion (Getrag Transmission)

Fits Auto Transmission Only!

Free Shipping.
SKU: 70380

Price: $46.00

PS,
For 46 bux and finally having some kind of AT upgrade, this just may be a purchase worth getting for any simple upgrade in HP/Torque. Unless, the masses know any different.

It's not how fast you go...But how you go fast.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search