Tranny cooler? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny cooler?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:43 PM
I recently aquired a tranny cooler off of a buddy and was wondering how the heck to install it. i know u have to tie it into the tranny lines but how? and were would be the best place to mount it and is it even worth it?

Re: Tranny cooler?
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:26 PM
you want to install the tranny cooler between the input coolant line between the trans and radiator. DON'T cut any coolant lines-NOTE. Most trans cooler come with hoses and hose clamps. If yours did, cut the line, like I said between the radiator and trans. Make sure you have both sides clamped off, kinda like you would cut an umbilical cord from a new born baby, and connect your new cooler in between. You want to make sure you install on the "RETURN" side or it won't benefit you. Reason being is that the radiator cools down the ATF or MTF first and your aftermarket trans cooler will cool it off even more. You should notice better shifting due to lower temps and longevity life on trans parts. Another suggestion I would make is using high temp ATF or MTF like Royal Purple.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search