Not your Average Application - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Not your Average Application
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:56 PM
So first off let me introduce myself, im Justin, and i am a professional Rock Crawler. Rockhard-racing.com

My buggy runs a turbo 2.2 ecotec pushing 350 hp mated to a 2 speed powerglide to an Atlas transfercase.

I am not sure if you guys have heard about this race called King of the Hammers. It combines desert racing and Rock crawling.

on to my question

I am planning on building a buggy for this race. 3000lb race ready with a 2.0 variable vain turbo ecotec. I want to some how mate it to a toyota pick up 5 speed transmission and tcase. I already know that the pontiac solstice 5 speed bell housing removes and pretty sure it uses the same bolt pattern as the yota tranny bell housing so swapping the bell housings isnt bad but the input shaft is 3/4 of an inch too short on the yota tranny and a different spline count. Easy enough to find a machine shop to make a custom input shaft for the tranny but want to see other options.

I know some one out here has mated an ecotec to a 5speed with a transfer case. What other options are out there??? I am trying to keep the buggy light (yes 3000lbs is light for a race ready buggy) and an auto is defiantly out of the questions. with running 37s the autos require most of the power just to get the buggy moving.

heres a video of my single seat buggy just to show it off a bit HAHAHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJI5RFN6oFI&list=FLPzf19OkSRqOv4-BF4b97wQ&feature=mh_lolz

Re: Not your Average Application
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:17 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search