Engine swap...possible? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine swap...possible?
Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:34 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm new to the boards and have really only a basic knowledge of how to fix a car other than standard maintenance...hopefully my ignorance won't show too much. I've got a base model 2001 Cavalier Sedan. It's been a good little car for me mostly (if you don't count the 4 timing chains I've put into it in the past 8 years) and, with coming up on 140,000 miles on it, I'm starting to research my options. A friend of mine suggested that I should swap one of the new Ecotec engines into it so, my first question is whether or not that's even possible. Guidance?

Re: Engine swap...possible?
Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:53 PM
Yes it is possible. Here is your link http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=48847&t=38274&p=1. Just so you know, a cavalier or sunfire, is called a j-body platform(GM name). If you didnt already know that. J-body.org is an excellent site for us. There is a link at the top of this website to jbody. There is a search function on that site, use it before you post any questions, and people will be more willing to help you out.

To swap a 2.2 eco, find one in a junkyard from a cavalier or sunfire (2003-2005). There were some 2002 models that came with them also, but are more rare. Yes the cobalts came with 2.2 eco also, but they are not quite the same.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search