New member, with a saturn - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New member, with a saturn
Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:37 PM
I'm a newbie here, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a 24 year old guy originally from KY, living currently in Louisiana, about to move to Missourri. My ride is a 2006 Saturn Ion III. I haven't done anything to her up to this point, I've been keeping it in warranty and logging rediculous miles on it, Last year I had to make a business trip all the way from Louisiana to LA California and back.

My original plan was just to use the Saturn for a daily driver, and buy an old project vehicle after I got it paid off. But the more I think about it, the more I think I would like to do a little tinkering on the Ion while I'm at it.

I'm interested in some modest acceleration gains,(The interstate on ramps here are a nightmare) and some better fuel economy while cruising at 60-80 miles an hour for long periods. I'm pondering replacing the entire exhaust system for better flow. I'm also interested in some better handling characteristics, the poor car has some really bad body sway, I can't tell if its in the sway bars, or if its due to a high CG.

Re: New member, with a saturn
Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:51 PM
welcome im new here also and i drive an ion as well. There are a ton of easy bolt on mods that will gain some horsepower for you( cold air intake, exhaust headers, intake manifolds) and lowering springs are a good way to get that existing hp on the ground for you. Im no vet but if you have any question's or ideas about saturns i will try to help.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search