ecotec swap in AE86 RWD Corolla - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap in AE86 RWD Corolla
Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:09 PM
newbie here, i am considering swapping a supercharged ecotec into an AE86 Corolla for drifting.

is this the engine also used in the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky?

i would like to have between 300-400 hp yet still be fairly reliable..any suggestions?? tips?? what should i start with? how much should i spend for a starter? should i find a Cobalt and buy bell housing and tranny to convert to RWD??

What tranny would you suggest? 5sp, 6sp would never get used on track!

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks Kelly

Re: ecotec swap in AE86 RWD Corolla
Friday, September 04, 2009 6:25 PM
There never was a supercharged eco in the solstice or the sky.

It would be hard to get 300-400 hp out of the 2.0 supercharged engine(LSJ), and even if you did, it wouldn't be somewhat reliable.

If you really want to do this, look into picking up a newer eco from the cobalt ss/tc. It is a 2.0L turbo engine that makes roughly 250hp and torque. I dont know the actually numbers off hand. get a transmission from eithet a sky or solstice, as well as the computer to run the engine.

I don't know exactly what kind of other stuff you would need to do this, but it seems like a lot of work and coin.

This forum is kinda at an stand still, not many people post here anymore.

There are prob more aftermarket stuff for that car for cheaper than what it would cost.

Hope that gives you a rough idea of what kinda trouble you would be getting into.
Sunday, September 06, 2009 5:51 PM
you should prolly get a gallo 24
Sunday, September 13, 2009 10:06 PM
Why are you wasting my time? do you think you are funny? do you think i don't know that scene? do you think i don't know what i am doing? i have a lexus v8 in a corolla but want something more practical and am asking from people who should know what they are talking about. you are probably some dumb ass 20 something year old who thinks a comedian. gee i bet everyone is laughing at you! not because you are funny but because you quoted some lame ass movie, ha ha damn i wish i was as funny as you (dumb ass)
Sunday, September 13, 2009 10:09 PM
OH WAIT!! MAYBE YOU'RE SO F***ING STUPID YOU THINK IT'S A REAL ENGINE??!!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:10 PM
Mr.Choo wrote:
It would be hard to get 300-400 hp out of the 2.0 supercharged engine(LSJ), and even if you did, it wouldn't be somewhat reliable.

Nope, there are ALOT of reliable LSJs over the 300whp mark. The stock internals are good to about 400bhp.

The easiest way would be to buy a totaled Solstice or Sky as a donor car. If you elect to build the engine(sleeves, rods, pistons, built ported head) and the proper turbo you could hit 500whp without a problem.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search