1994-1998 Saab 9000 Aero - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1994-1998 Saab 9000 Aero
Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:58 PM
Hi guys I have quite a few cavaliers quite a few 2nd gens and a few 3rd gens. Both dd and racecars. I have a few questions about Saabs particularly the 9000 Aero. 2.3 eco?? turbo 5 speed fwd 225hp. High 14's factory.high 20's mpg. Looks like pretty reliable. These do have the older eco engine right? What about part interchange with the 2.2 eco non vvt or how expensive are parts? This would be my dd and I probably won't be purchasing until the fall. I only drive a car about 10,000 miles a year and my cavy is getting pretty old. I kinda wanna ecotec but dont wanna make car payments for a cavy or cobalt. So I was thinking a Saab would be a cheap foray in an eco and a turbo too. I have done alot of small repairs on fwd cars. Suspension, brakes, pulled engines/trannys, Head gasket, alternator, tie rods. How hard would this be to work on? So I found a website that listed some upgrades, but nothing about parts interchange. Does anyone know any websites or recommend a book? Im thinking I might save up some more and get a 9-5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks ANdrew

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search