saturn ions - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
saturn ions
Saturday, July 23, 2011 3:21 PM
Ok i keep seeing supercharger kits to fit a gm charger to 2.2l. will this work on the ions? every site says cavs and sunfires. im wanting to do the kit with a stage 2 upgrade. im planning on puting this on a .20 over 8.5 to 1 motor with forged internals, adj cam gears, hardened oil pump, arp head studs, comp turbo cams, and stanless valves. will this work????? dont wana spend this money for nothing. please help

Re: saturn ions
Friday, December 09, 2011 5:01 PM
I am new to this and don't know if I am in the right place to ask this question. I have a 2003 Ion 3 and have been having problems with the ecotec 2.2 . Something is causing the engine to run with a vibration. It is not consistent. Some times when I start it the RPM will go up to 2100 and then slowly drop back to 1000 then slowly to 600. When this happens the motor runs with a vibration when you step on the gas. Once you are in High gear and cruising down the road the vibration is greately reduced but still not running the same as normal. I can disconnect and reset the battery and it may or may not run good for a while.(Day, Hour,Few minutes)
I have cheked plugs, to every sensor I can find. I have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor. Oh one more thing there are no engine codes. No check engine light. The computer thinks everything is good. I Don't have a lot of money to dump in to repairing this so am looking for any clues out there as to what might be causing this problem. On a normal day at start up the RPM Will go up to about 1200 and drop back to 600 and the engine runs smooth as glass. The problem started about 3 or 4 Months ago. It does not seem to be affected by changing temp or humidity.
If any one has had something like this or knows a fix I would be grateful for any help I could get.

ET
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search