Cat Back Exhuasts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cat Back Exhuasts
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 1:53 PM
Who makes the best cat back exhuast for the 2.2 liter ecotec?..i cant see paying for the pacesetter one that is 300$ when i can get one custom bent from a muffler shop for like 170$ Anyone Have A solution?

Re: Cat Back Exhuasts
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 2:24 PM
get one made for yourself bro, thats what 3/4 of the people on here & the org do for our cars, if your going n/a go with 2.25" pipe and then just pick the muffler thats right with you, and a good idea would be to add a resonator too if you dont like the whole raspy sound that might happen. Definately cheaper than any of the catbacks made for us
<br>

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 6:07 PM
Oh for real?..ok then i think thats what i'll do.. i went in to a muffler shop today and he showed me everything and he said that he would just cut right on the end of the factory resonator or my car would sound like a civic .
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 7:03 PM
lol ya, whenever I get the extra funding and pick up my header, I'm gonan buy a high flow cat & then buy two mufflers.. then have the one shop around here bend me up some pipe & add a resonator to help out in everything. Definately dont wanna sound like a weedwhacker attacking a beehive =P <br>

Wednesday, November 10, 2004 8:18 PM
when you get your exhuast made they are'nt going to use mandrel bends right?..They told me that no place in omaha,Neb even has a mandrel bender becuase they cost like 100k or something so if you go with a larger diameter pipe then it should'nt matter n e ways...right?..another thing is he said that he wouldnt go anybigger than a 2.25in pipe because it would'nt clear the gas tank very well....what kind of muffler are you going to use?
Thursday, November 11, 2004 9:10 AM
depends on my money situation at the time, might get two from the same shop I'm getting my bodykit from, 95 a peice, or I'll just get 2 off ebay for like 40-50 a peice.. it'll depend, lol.. not sure if they gonna have mandrel bent pipe for my exhaust or not, didn't ask. Oh well, whatever works at the time <br>

Thursday, November 11, 2004 10:58 PM
Yeah thats what i will probably end up doing..money is kinda tight cuz i had to take out 2 loans..one for the car..the other for the tags lol...but i have two other questions...does it really make that big of a difference whether or not you use mandrel bends or not?..i can see if i was going with the same size pipe but when going bigger the 2 factors should cancel out right? And i forgot the other question but i will post as soon as i remember
Friday, November 12, 2004 10:17 AM
I havent been on this list for long , so i dont know if this was brought up yet.
An easy way of getting more power from an ecotec is to grind away the restriction in the exhaust manifold. The manifold has a portion of the area of the outlet closed off. The outlet is not round but almost half mooned, blocking half the exhaust flow. I assume it is for reduced emmisions.
Friday, November 12, 2004 12:40 PM
I have a 5zigen muffler, and i had it customly put on.. 400 bucks in total... sounds like every other cavalier with a muffler out there.... 2.4, and ecotec sound the same <br>

2004 Cavalier ~ 15.98 - Stock
Friday, November 12, 2004 4:27 PM
You paid 400 $ for a muffler and to have it installed?
Friday, November 12, 2004 7:56 PM
prety much LOL <br>

Sunday, November 14, 2004 8:47 PM
damn!.. where did you get it done at RK sport lol
Monday, November 15, 2004 12:38 PM
PZ Tuning in Waterloo ON
<br>

Monday, November 15, 2004 3:35 PM
no wonder it was so much..shoulda just took it to the muffler shop and they woulda put it on for like 20$
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search