Picked up RK lower mount - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picked up RK lower mount
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 8:26 PM
Hey guys

I finally decided to order in a RK Sport lower mount..... Paid 65 for it (gotta love sponships @ Cost -30% ) If you in the area... Point Zero Autosound in Waterloo Ontario

But i got a question about it....... Will this void my warranty? i hear its prety simple to install, so i could always just take it out, and put stock back in... i donno lol

Anyone know?

also.. anyone have the lower mount? notice a difference? Yay or Nay <br>

2004 Cavalier ~ 15.7- Bone Stock... 17's and full sound system

Re: Picked up RK lower mount
Wednesday, December 15, 2004 2:53 PM
nothing can void the warranty if its not the source of the problem thats causing the failure. <br>

Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Saturday, December 18, 2004 12:52 AM
well there are laws but it is up to the dealership if they want to warrenty it but call gm and they will find someone to do the work <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 4:13 PM
$65? You could have got it cheaper thru carcustoms.net with free shipping! <br>

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Sunday, January 02, 2005 10:06 AM
someone post directions for the install.

Sunday, January 02, 2005 7:36 PM
It would be cool if you got the upper eco mount for 65. But the lower one is a lot less.
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 6:04 AM
YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT THE UPPER ECOTEC MOUNT SINCE THE LOWER RETAILS FOR $45.00. YES IT IS UP TO THE DEALERSHIP TO COVER UNDER WARRANTY UNLESS YOU WERE TO CALL GM AND COMPLAIN.
Monday, January 10, 2005 12:38 PM
why not get a 95+ motor mount for a heck of a lot cheaper. I used the one i had on my 98 cavallier, and it works perfect. It only cost me 25$+ship...Prz

Sunday, January 16, 2005 4:51 PM
I got one from RSM for $50 and a crap load of shipping cause it came from canada, But I installed it and noticed a definite improvement. NOTICE you should replace the bolts that hold the mount,because they are degree turn bolts,which means they streatch once tightened and shouldn't be used again.

////HUSH////
motorsports

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:42 PM
Heres the direction on the install.....Lower mount install

Friday, March 04, 2005 7:48 AM
I've had 'em in my car for a while now. The only downside is a little bit of rattling but that's nothing a loud stereo won't cure.
I put my upper mount on a couple of weeks ago and now the car shakes like mad. The improvement of tourque to the wheels is worth it though.

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak

Friday, March 04, 2005 11:53 AM
got the upper and lower is not that bad only if you start from the 1st gear thats got vibration thats all.

Though the vibrations was outrageous like most of you, but i dont. Maybe the mounts broke in. got them in for a month now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Sunday, May 01, 2005 11:03 PM
el wrote:nothing can void the warranty if its not the source of the problem thats causing the failure.
Thank you finally someone who understands this! You cant "VOID" a warranty. They can deny something under warranty if it is directly related to the problem. Here is a good example i have a weapon r wai and my check engine light was on for the iat sensor ckt open. Saying it was -40 degrees in the intake temperature. I took it in with springs, exhuast, and the intake and they fixed it. All under warranty. The mechanic i talked to afterwards said that it was a broken wire in the loom.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search