Suspension - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension
Monday, December 13, 2004 8:54 AM
Quick question? I have a set of 17 inch rims and im kinda tired of the bronco affect....so what lowering springs would do the trick to eliminate that access wheel well space? any info would be a great help...thx! <br>

!!!

Re: Suspension
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 5:13 PM
if you got an extra $700 layin around i would get the tein coilovers. 1" to 4" drop. plus a decent ride.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=8832&t=8832
Wednesday, December 15, 2004 2:55 PM
looks promising and it has just arrive on the market for our J.

Ive got Koni Yellows with the Eibach Pro-kit and I dont love those springs. Im uneven all around. Anyway im going for some H&R next summer. <br>

-------------------------------------
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 3:51 PM
,-I had intrax road and handled gr8 but wasn't to low
-cut intrax sucked
-I had drop zones OK but lower
-I had GC's and KYB's pounded and it road like garbage
-Koni reds w/ eibach sportlines and I'm in heaven!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:23 AM
but what ride height would be good enough for having 17's on my sunfire, to eliminate the bronco effect?? any ideas? i plan to go with the grnd control coil overs cause it has a max drop of 3.5, and also what struts and shocks sould i go with? sorry for so many questions but i wanna be sure.. <br>

!!!
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:10 AM
The rule of thumb is that you should have the same amount of wheel gap as you have tire sidewall.

Few people speak of it this way, but it makes the car look right... Simply measure the sidewall and then measure the wheel gap. The difference is how much of a drop you will need.

We tend to get Goldlines for our J's... They are less expensive and the cars look good with 18s and 17s...
<br>

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:41 AM
So u dont think it would be a good idea to get a set of ground control coilovers with some kyb gr7 struts? or do u think that would hit the spot.....cause thats what i was leaning towards to get my desired drop. <br>

!!!
Thursday, December 23, 2004 11:11 PM
i have a torch

i can heat them and you can go as lo as you want to

hahahaha

how many fingers you want in the gap

hahaha

dont do it i was just kidding worst ride quality ever

my freind did it on his sho <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Saturday, January 01, 2005 2:09 PM
I had the cheap KYB's .....GR-2? I think but I don't like how GC has the bearing set up. You have to grease them atleast every month. I had a lot of propblems out of the GC and I drive everywhere. I had 18's with about two fingers of gap (rough rid but I wanted it low then). If you want it low get them or save a little more and get the Tien or prostreet coil over systems. Gc's are gr8 for imports but in my opnion are poorly designed for the J-body. That is what I would do if I had to do it over again.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, January 03, 2005 7:05 PM
i currently have me a set of drozones... it didnt lower me too much in the front (about an inch) but in the rear i got about 2 inches, ride height wasnt even all the way around at first but they sunk in a little bit. ride sucks but the ride sucked before so it is bearable... plus i live out in the boonies so roads suck too... personally it hit the spot for me
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 3:27 AM
One more question....what strut/shock is good enough to combine with the RK coilover system? I measured how much i need to drop my car and i need a 3.0 front and a 3.5 rear. But i dont know what strut will handle that kind of drop.....please help!! <br>

!!!

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 5:37 PM
The Prostreets (coil over System) are an all in one system. They have the strut included. If you get the coil overs from RK there the same as GC's

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 3:02 AM
If you dont mind me asking who makes and where can I get that system? <br>

!!!
Thursday, January 06, 2005 5:43 AM
?? <br>

!!!
Thursday, January 06, 2005 10:03 PM
i have the ground controls with the koni yellows and so far i am happy with it. the insall to forever though with limited tools. took about nine hours

My Sig Was To Big
Friday, January 07, 2005 10:18 PM

Rksport Prostreet coilovers, buy the carcustoms and you get them for cheap then RKSport plus free shipping <br>

Friday, January 07, 2005 10:19 PM
by the way that isn't the comapny pic, those are mine <br>

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search