Cam Install?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cam Install??
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:02 PM
Just wondering how hard it is? Um like how long did it take and what all besides gaskets do you need. Is the head all you need to take off. Ive rebuilt a 5.0 once and was wondering if its easier than that or about the same. Thanks

My Sig Was To Big

Re: Cam Install??
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:13 PM
um don't try it yourself, first of all you don't need to reaplce and gaskets, second of all if you think you need to pull the head off to do cams on a DOHC engine walk away and don't even atempt it, the swap is very easy if you know what your doing, geting the timing right is a bitch <br>

Thursday, January 06, 2005 2:17 AM
Darkstars wrote:um don't try it yourself, first of all you don't need to reaplce and gaskets, second of all if you think you need to pull the head off to do cams on a DOHC engine walk away and don't even atempt it, the swap is very easy if you know what your doing, geting the timing right is a bitch

darkstars is god

he knows what he is talking about <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Thursday, January 06, 2005 9:59 PM
i did some research on the cam install and it doesnt look to hard. are adjustable cam gears a good idea to have also or will they not help much. and i was also thinking of getting the underdrive or light weight pully seeings how you have to take that off when you do it. what are some good cams to get when all i have is an intake, catback, solid motormounts. and after market cams will work alright if i decide to get a turbo later wont they. thanks for the help

My Sig Was To Big
Monday, January 10, 2005 12:36 PM
If you are asking these questions, then you should really not be attempting this. No the install is not hard, but i have also done about 15 cam swaps.

If you are really serious about swapping them yourself, i would recommend getting yourself a complete shop manual...Prz

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search