Found out something interesting - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Found out something interesting
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 8:04 AM
i took my car to Essential Speed in Cambridge ontario yesterday, to see what my options are for one of their custom intakes. This shop does turbo kits, infact, hes gonna hook me up with a stage 2 intercooled with an external wastegate @!#$, for just over 4k... and he would only have my car for a week

I told him that i want to get rid of the "expansion" box on top of the TB, so he looked at it, worked out some numbers and stuff all scienfific with some of his tools. He tells me to leave it, because well, its designed perfectly to let the incoming air 'spool up' (thats how he described it)

So he told me to leave it and just paint it to make it match the intake..... so i did...

end of story.. lol <br>

2004 Cavalier ~ 15.7- Bone Stock... 17's and full sound system

Re: Found out something interesting
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 9:52 AM
Huh?

The intakes that attach directly to the TB give the most response in power...

$4,000 for an turbo isnt all that great. Shop around a little bit.
<br>

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 3:30 PM
this is a custom fabbed turbo.. with everything you need.. he said it would run around 10 psi

IM talkinga bout, because to have something fabericated up that will fit under the hood, and have the best flow (like not an exact 90) <br>

2004 Cavalier ~ 15.7- Bone Stock... 17's and full sound system
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 8:49 PM
Yeah, box on top o' the TB is probably tuned OK for the exact application, but if you really wanna get hardcore, do the math for the intake manifold and ram pipe diameter for your exact RPM. I did a custom job on my '04 Ion, did out all the formulas and everything. J.C.! does it go fast now! Sweet spot at 5000. <br>

"The absolute MOST IMPORTANT PART of a car is located between the driver's ears."
- Anonymous
Monday, January 10, 2005 1:19 PM
Fact remains...$4k is way too much when you get the SAME thing from everyone else for alot less. They are ripping you off.

You say its worth it because its custom made?......

.........well.....everyone's kit was custom at one time. Turbo kit companies make a custom one to start with. There is nothing about a new special custom kit other than having to pay more. Buttering you up about it with all kinds of lingo makes you feel cool about what they could do for you. Thats the bait to get you to buy. Get you hooked, and boom! they have your money with nothing other than what you can get from someone else. They might even order a kit from someone else to begin with and then change somethig on it so that they could call it theirs. Everyones elses kit run 10psi also. Check around before wasting your money.

Anyway, bad purchase. Dont get ripped off.

Custom kit = building a kit by yourself.

"LOL, a sucker born everyday" ---said Essential speed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search