Question??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question???
Monday, January 17, 2005 5:15 PM
I currently have a set of 17inch rims on my 03 sunfire and with no suspension upgrades. I was planning to get a set of 18inch rims with a set of lowering springs of about 2inch drop. Correct me if im wrong but i was thinking that would be a sufficiant enough of a combination to make my ride feel and look to my likeing, unless there is a way to stay with my 17's and lower it enough to eliminate that horrible wheel well gap without spending so much for 18's and springs alone, when i can stay with my current 7's and get more mods......if anybody has any suggestions on whats the better rout please let me know....thx! <br>

!!!

Re: Question???
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 9:40 AM
im going 17's wiht a set of coilovers that are capable of a 4 inch drop....just find a set of coils or springs thatenable you to drop the car far enough to get rid of the heinous gap in the wheel well so theres no 4X4ing!
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:24 PM
Cool thx!... I also heard some people putting 18inch wheels on there sunfire and lowering springs on and have rubbing issues is that true? <br>

!!!
Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:48 PM
i have 17's and there is about 1 cm of space on eaither side of the wheel when turned ( but i still have the 3-4in gap on top) im running 225/45 now if i have my math right if you put 18's on it you'll need a max tire size of 2--/25 r18 < and they dont make them
Friday, January 21, 2005 12:36 AM
nate evans wrote:i have 17's and there is about 1 cm of space on eaither side of the wheel when turned ( but i still have the 3-4in gap on top) im running 225/45 now if i have my math right if you put 18's on it you'll need a max tire size of 2--/25 r18 < and they dont make them

i think your calculations are wrong to use an 18 inch rim most people use a 225 40 r 18 <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:20 PM
When I had my 17 on mine it didn't look lowered. I had the intrax & DZ on OEM struts. I went to 18's on the GC's and KYB's. I had to use the baseball bat method for the wheell wells and it still rubed when you cut it hard but I also had the GC's as far as I could get them and not bounce on paint lines. Then I switched to the sportlines on Koni's and there weren't any problems. If your just going to do springs then 18"s are OK. there is also a kid around here running 19"s. If your going with a coilover then 17's with no problems. I personally think that the 18's look good on the cars and would not go bigger but 17's can give the nice race tuned looked. Its all about where you want to go with it.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search