K&N Short Ram Intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
K&N Short Ram Intake
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:06 PM
So i'm on the hunt for an intake and im still looking around...i went around to a few shops and found the K&N Short Ram intake...also called the Typhoon and ive searched both here and the org and havent found any feedback from people using this intake...Whats everyone opinion on it?

Re: K&N Short Ram Intake
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:25 AM
I have a short ram from RK that uses the K&N and I really did not notice any difference except it made the engine compartment look better. No good or bad.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Friday, March 11, 2005 2:03 PM
well i get my k&n typhoon installed in my 05 cav monday and i will tell you how i like it. i found it for $194 before taxes and install. Email me in a few days and I will tell you whats going on. My email is mtmike1981@yahoo.com or respond to this post and i will put in a notify email for it.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:06 PM
just got the intake set up yesterday. Definetly has alot more power and looks alot better. I got the k&n typhoon intake in blue. I will post some pics up when i get the chance. I paid 265 with the intake, charge kit, and install. perrs like a kitten.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:08 AM
Good thats what i needed to know...mines on order right now
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:41 PM
What is the part number on that? I have been trying to find one, Im not sure who carries the one for the ecotec. Thanks,

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:48 PM
69-4510TB for the blue one

69-4510TP for the polished.

I picked up the blue one which i will post pics of once i get a nice day to take some pics.
Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:27 PM
There is also a grey version and a red one, I ordered the red, should have mine by the end of the week. A store on ebay is selling it for $201 shipped. Took about 2 weeks to get due to the fact they have to order it then ship it to you.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:04 PM
Well I ended up getting the polished intake to match my valve cover. Check out my cardomain page for a picture.

MyCavalier
Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:13 PM
I got my typhoon installed, along with a new throttle body, it made a big difference, 4th gear does not feel like a dog anymore, i can tell there was some power gain. I paid 200 shipped, got the silver one, I plan on polishing my valve cover when I get time, but performance mods come first

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:17 PM
Yea I have the ported and polished TB as well, tommorrow is test and tune day.

MyCavalier

Friday, April 29, 2005 7:04 AM
Good !

Ill order that baby in May just before the shows starts !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:59 AM
Ive got it ordered. im gonna have maybe next week or 2...

My Car Specs
Sunday, May 29, 2005 7:55 AM
was this easy to install?

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Sunday, May 29, 2005 9:46 AM
Very easy to install the K & N intake. They give you great step by step picture instructions.

MyCavalier
Monday, May 30, 2005 6:45 AM
they even give you a braket for the clutch fluid on manual trans !

My Car Specs
Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:02 PM
Hey Cavy Freak, where did you get the carbon fiber pieces for you dash and where did you get the white face gauges for the cluster? Also, was it hard to install the white face gauge and how do the carbon fiber pieces install? I have a blue 03 cavalier and I really want some info on these questions! Thanks.
Friday, June 03, 2005 5:11 AM
Well the carbon fiber pieces is from a kit sold by RKsport, its the most Ive ever had to pay for a trim kit for one of my cars, its $199.
The Gauge Face I found on ebay, its not APC, I dont recall which brand it is, but i was very easy to install, compared to other ones i have done, you dont even have to remove the needles, it just lays on top of the other gauges.

MyCavalier
Monday, June 06, 2005 11:18 AM
well im not gonna have it...

Supplier said it was Back order for a while. So im getting a CAI from AEM

My Car Specs
Monday, June 06, 2005 9:58 PM
CavyFreak, first very nice cav. I love the hood. I know these posts are supposed to be about air intakes, but i was wondering where you got the billet grille from?
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:41 PM
Which billet grille? The hood one came with it from RKsport, the one on the bottom is made for the lower bumper on a dodge dakota. Previous vehicle so that helped out.

MyCavalier

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 8:45 PM
The lower grille. It looks like it fits in real nice for not being made for the cavalier.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:12 PM
Yea you can pick one up on ebay for about $20-$30 i have it screwed into the bottom styrofoam bumper support plus a few wireties. Im looking to get the gm tuner front end so i think it may look better with that being all open

MyCavalier
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search