04 cavalier and airbong - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 cavalier and airbong
Saturday, April 30, 2005 2:05 AM
Hey i was wondering if 04 cavaliers have airbongs, and how do i remove them (i heard it increases MPG). Thank you

Re: 04 cavalier and airbong
Saturday, April 30, 2005 6:53 AM
it is in the left side fender, need to remove the fender lining (spash gruad) then unblot it really easy.

you should just get an WAI or CAI, and remove all the stock stuff. Then you would see an improvment in MPG and a little more HP
Saturday, April 30, 2005 12:13 PM
thanks how do i remove the fender lining?? thank you, and by left side is that passanger or driver
Sunday, May 01, 2005 4:48 AM
driver's side

you should see a bunch of little bolts or screws cannot rember which just take them all out and the thing will come off

(need to remove the wheel as well)
Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:06 PM
Ok i just installed my intercooler after taking all that stuff off really easy. You have 3 9/32 second screws under the bumper and 2 on the inner part in the wheel well it slides in at the top so just bend it out (real flexible if its warm out). But takin out the airbong might be easier if you take the bumper off which includes removing the radiator cover that is held on with push plugs. After removing the radiator cover you have 2 14mm bolts for the headlights and after those are gone you can just pull the headlight out cause its just held in my a clip. After that there are 3 10mm screws on each fender holding the bumper on. After the headlights are gone and the bumper is unbolted from the fender you need to take out 2 10mm bolts that are located about 12 inches from the middle of hte bumper on each side. After that i think that was all that i had to do. After the bumper is off there will be a rubber bushing like nut that you just unscrew and take out the bung after taking the 2 other screws that hold it on. Its cake although i had a rack to do it on but good luck to ya on it. And i would just save your money for a turbo haha.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Friday, June 03, 2005 2:31 PM
[urlhttp://www.teamforwardmotion.com/tfmtech/j-body/performance/index.php

Look for "Removing the intake resonator"

There is also other nice how to's here at Teamforwardmotion.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search