Question to the masses? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question to the masses?
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:57 PM
Alright, wassup everyone. My name is Alan and I am new to the boards. I have some questions because I am in need of a new engine asap for a sunfire I just purchased. Im not here to flame anyone or get flamed myself, just to take advice and maybe get some help.

Questions.

1. Does anyone on this site deal with built ecotec engines?

2. I need a motor asap and I know I am gonna be dropping a few thousand dollars but does anyone know of a shop that sells engines with turbo setups included?

3. How much hp can the stock tranny's (auto and manual) hold reliably?

I want to go ahead and thanks anyone who may help me out here. Sorry this is such a goofy first thread but I am in a rush and i need an engine asap. Thanks again guys.

-EcoTec2000

Re: Question to the masses?
Friday, May 06, 2005 6:49 PM
Well, Alan, I have seen something very interresting at Mantapart. They are selling Crate Ecotec motors with optional specs (right on the main page is where I saw it last). Anything from stock to Frankenstein. The most expensive one I saw was for around 4500 + Shipping. So far as the Transmission I have no idea, I really never looked into it so much but I do know there are guys out there who can tell ya, in fact I'm sure the guys at mantapart.com can even tell ya what they know about it. Hope I helped ya out a little.

Benji
2003 Pontiac Sunfire

Friday, June 03, 2005 4:36 PM
If you have $6500, you can buy a brand new LSJ(2.0SC)
Sunday, June 05, 2005 12:03 PM
turnkey offers a 170hp/155fpt n/a engine for $4,300
they also offer a 290hp/260fpt turboed eco witch is sexy as a mother @!#$ they just raised the price to $7,500 casue there using 3rd party bottum end now (J.E. and Eagle)
Sunday, June 05, 2005 12:04 PM
haha sorry man here is the link http://turnkeyenginesupply.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search