2.4 ecotec - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 ecotec
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 5:28 PM
So what do you guys think of this new motor? do you think it will be what it says it will be? <br>

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier

Re: 2.4 ecotec
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 5:38 PM
I haven't been on much.. so can u send me a link or info on a 2.4 ecotec? i need to catch up on my ready i guess...
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 5:49 PM
check this out.

plus dave will have more info in a couple weeks i think.
<br>

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 6:26 PM
i really hope so. I'll be dropping it in as fast as i possibly can. I really hope that there isn't a huge mess of electrical work to go with it. This engine will start a new evolution, and I want to be one of the unique ones with an 03 sunfire with a 2.4 turbo eco. Oh baby...gonna be good
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 6:58 PM
Will the 2.4 eco be the same block and etc as the 2.2 eco, or a whole different motor? Im just wondering on the strength of the block. How much is the stroke over the 2.2? And lastly, do you all think it will be able to drop into a 3rd gen cav? I really want to work on my quad4 now, however if there is more potential with boost with the 2.4 eco I think i may have my new options. Im just wondering maninly if the 2.4 eco is a "worked over" 2.2 eco or if its actually a differently built motor.
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 8:54 PM
I just want to see how the motor will run first and then decide if I want one.
Thursday, October 30, 2003 5:18 PM
if this new 2.4 is really as good as they say...i know what im swapping to lol
the 2.4 rises back for the dead to bring destrustion to all...muahahahaha <br>

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more
Sunday, November 02, 2003 11:41 PM
Hey Dave if you can ask GM when will this 2.4 ecotec engine will be avalible. I am talking about so I can do a motor swap I need to write Don Taylor he told me to get ahold of him when I was going to do the 2.2 ecotec motor swap but I wan the 2.4 LOL

<br>

Sunday, December 28, 2003 11:40 PM
the block is the same outside...all the eco's have the same general block (mounting, dimensions, etc).the engine is much improved with a different head (stronger) and it has variable cam timing and ETC so you will need to do alot of elec work for it to drop in a cav...I'm sure you could use a 2.2 TB for a cav (w/ throttle cable), but I'm not sure if the variable cam timing is controlled off the reg ECU or separate...Also, the 2.4 and 2.0 sc versions have oil piston squirters and beefed up internals--better for boosting over stock 2.2 ECO
Friday, January 02, 2004 2:49 PM
So it shuld bolt in no problem to the tranny and current motor mounts on an 03 2.2? The elctrical should be the MAJOR issues wiht getting it to work
Thursday, February 26, 2004 6:06 PM
for those who are curious as to if the 2.4L. will be a huge increase compared to their 2.2L. eco, i would say not so much. It obiously has some neat upgrades to the 2.2 such as the i-vvt. I have not a clue as to how much it would cost to buy the 2.4L. but i'm guessing it would be quite bit. After all the money you would spend on the new motor, and if you're really power savy, which i'm guessing you are since you are in a forum discussing engine swaps, then i would go the route of forced induction on the 2.2 and get either a custom turbo setup consisting of a Stage 2 turbo header (JGStool.com), a T3/T4 turbo (turbonetics.com) and a spearco intercooler, then your choice of lines, hoses, b.o.v. etc. but for about $1,100 more you can get the Vortech Supercharger kit which will have your bone stock ecotec running at 220 Hp and making about 8psi of boost. Obviously with some fine tuning you could tweak that system to produce more boost, and if you had a few minor perf. mods already: C.A.I., After-cat exhaust, etc. you'd get even more power.

reply with questions or comments.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search