Rough Idle - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rough Idle
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 9:45 AM
Every now and then when i come out of gear, say to a red light, my idle drops like a mofo, to about 500 or less. It has been doing this since i got the car and the stupid dealer says, "We can see anything wrong with it". It doesnt happen all the time, but every now and then. Weather is not a factor, and rarely, it will stall out. If I shut off and restart, it seems to fix it most of the time.

Anybody have any similar probs?

Re: Rough Idle
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:48 PM
There is a bulletin service for that. There is an update for the ECU. Get it flash and your car will run like new without the little bug.

Since I got it flash a year ago I had the same problem but now its OK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Re: Rough Idle
Monday, May 09, 2005 12:12 PM
Yeah I had my car reflashed and it still does that. I know in PA there was some bad gas and there was a service bulletin about clogged injectors. I took my car to the dealer numerous times and the same thing "nothing wrong". He gave me some gas additive that made the problem go away for a while but now its back. How bout a friend of mine with an 03 sunfire like mine took his to the dealer and they cleaned some kind of pump or something and now hes getting about 400 mi to the tank again. Ha I wish I get about 280 a tank. Well anyway don't let them do that to you ask them about the service bulletin for the injectors!!!

LIVIN IN THE STIX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search